Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
gardo

how to flag spam

Recommended Posts

The little flag icon on the right side of the header of the OP.

Edited by mrbrown49
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, mrbrown49 said:

The little flag icon on the right side of the header of the OP.

Duh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not certain if this will work for you guys, but if you hover over the forumite's name, a pop-up window should appear...in the lower left corner the settings 'gear' symbol should appear.If you click the down arrow, it should say flag as spammer....PLEASE let me know if you have access to this or not.

You should not be seeing a lot of spam these days, although some mods are fast to flag and slow to delete, we are trying to clean these up all day

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, daddymack said:

I'm not certain if this will work for you guys, but if you hover over the forumite's name, a pop-up window should appear...in the lower left corner the settings 'gear' symbol should appear.If you click the down arrow, it should say flag as spammer....PLEASE let me know if you have access to this or not.

You should not be seeing a lot of spam these days, although some mods are fast to flag and slow to delete, we are trying to clean these up all day

I don't have that feature. I just flagged a spam post in the Bass Forum.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What daddymack described is how the moderator tools function. Once a mod flags a poster as a spammer, their messages automatically disappear from non-moderator view, and we can then delete them at our leisure. We also have a few words that we can now use to auto trigger mod approval before a post goes live, which blocks some of the currently more popular spam topics before they can even appear.

Except on the weekends when I often sleep in an extra couple of hours, I typically get up at 0400 and kill spam so the early morning east coast folks won’t be overwhelmed by the overnight influx (our heaviest spam time), and then I also check throughout the day.

We really appreciate it when you guys flag spam when you see it - that really helps! It’s a never-ending battle, but we’re fighting the good fight... and we thank you all for your help and understanding! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I try to cover the early weekend cleanups, but not at 4:00AM....:facepalm:...[unless I've been out all night..]baby-dance

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I am in Thailand (14 hrs ahead of west coast) often I get early shot at the spam

What would happen if I didn't fill in reason for flagging? Is typing "spam" enough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Emory said:

As I am in Thailand (14 hrs ahead of west coast) often I get early shot at the spam

What would happen if I didn't fill in reason for flagging? Is typing "spam" enough?

You should see a box that looks like this:

image.thumb.png.f5d9d7867f447a231441ba3a8092737d.png

Check the selection that fits best. You don't have to type a message unless you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...