Sign in to follow this  
gardo

how to flag spam

The little flag icon on the right side of the header of the OP.

Edited by mrbrown49
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, mrbrown49 said:

The little flag icon on the right side of the header of the OP.

Duh

I'm not certain if this will work for you guys, but if you hover over the forumite's name, a pop-up window should appear...in the lower left corner the settings 'gear' symbol should appear.If you click the down arrow, it should say flag as spammer....PLEASE let me know if you have access to this or not.

You should not be seeing a lot of spam these days, although some mods are fast to flag and slow to delete, we are trying to clean these up all day

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, daddymack said:

I'm not certain if this will work for you guys, but if you hover over the forumite's name, a pop-up window should appear...in the lower left corner the settings 'gear' symbol should appear.If you click the down arrow, it should say flag as spammer....PLEASE let me know if you have access to this or not.

You should not be seeing a lot of spam these days, although some mods are fast to flag and slow to delete, we are trying to clean these up all day

I don't have that feature. I just flagged a spam post in the Bass Forum.

• Thanks 1

What daddymack described is how the moderator tools function. Once a mod flags a poster as a spammer, their messages automatically disappear from non-moderator view, and we can then delete them at our leisure. We also have a few words that we can now use to auto trigger mod approval before a post goes live, which blocks some of the currently more popular spam topics before they can even appear.

Except on the weekends when I often sleep in an extra couple of hours, I typically get up at 0400 and kill spam so the early morning east coast folks won’t be overwhelmed by the overnight influx (our heaviest spam time), and then I also check throughout the day.

We really appreciate it when you guys flag spam when you see it - that really helps! It’s a never-ending battle, but we’re fighting the good fight... and we thank you all for your help and understanding! 

I try to cover the early weekend cleanups, but not at 4:00AM....:facepalm:...[unless I've been out all night..]baby-dance

• Thanks 1

As I am in Thailand (14 hrs ahead of west coast) often I get early shot at the spam

What would happen if I didn't fill in reason for flagging? Is typing "spam" enough?

32 minutes ago, Emory said:

As I am in Thailand (14 hrs ahead of west coast) often I get early shot at the spam

What would happen if I didn't fill in reason for flagging? Is typing "spam" enough?

You should see a box that looks like this:

image.thumb.png.f5d9d7867f447a231441ba3a8092737d.png

Check the selection that fits best. You don't have to type a message unless you want.