garthman

NGD Walden Natura N730

Probably the score of the decade. And most certainly a case of being in the right place at the right time. The pawnshop in our local town usually have a few guitars for sale and I often pop in when I'm passing. A few weeks ago when I called in it turned out to be 5 minutes after a used Walden N730 had been put out on display. It was a discount sale due to one of the tuner buttons being broken - a large chip where it fitted onto the tang. Sale price £44.99

Solid cedar top, solid Indian rosewood back, layered (as Taylor say LOL) rosewood sides, mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard and bridge.

I bought it, of course. A blob of epoxy resin fixed the tuner and it plays like a dream.

IMG_1673 B.jpg

IMG_1675 B.jpg

IMG_1677.JPG

IMG_1679 B.jpg

IMG_1680 B.jpg

IMG_1681 B.jpg

IMG_1683 B.jpg

IMG_1635 B.jpg

IMG_1638 B.jpg

Edited by garthman
  • Like 2

Good score!

My G-2070 Supranatura cost me €330, but it was definitely worth it. Nothing 'layered,' either.

Whoa, Howard did you tell that pawn shop owner that Natura tuner buttons are $400.00/each? Sly haggling!

Guitar looks great at 3X the price. Give us a sound bite next VOM1T.

BTW, when I lived in Ottawa, A Cash Converters shop was busted for buying and fencing stolen goods. I knew a couple of the people working there, not well, but I did go in to look at guitars from time to time.

Congratulations. Happy New (Cheap Used) Guitar Day. Sweet score. 👍 That's about $55 in the US. I've never seen a Walden classical until now. And it appears to have a pickup installed.

Edited by DeepEnd

Cheap Serviceable Guitar Month!  Mark it in yer calendars, it’s September.

Thanks all. Its' a lovely guitar and it would have been a good deal at 3 or even 4 times the price. They sold new for around the $500 mark - and over here we would have payed £500 due to tax. So yeah, good stuff.

Joe - I think I'll keep the pawnshop owner in the dark and maybe up the frequency of visits.

Deep - yes, I've fitted a K & K type PU.

36 minutes ago, garthman said:

. . . Deep - yes, I've fitted a K & K type PU.

If I had to guess, I'd say the pickup probably cost at least as much as the guitar. ;)

12 hours ago, DeepEnd said:

If I had to guess, I'd say the pickup probably cost at least as much as the guitar. ;)

Nah. £2.50 from China

11 hours ago, garthman said:

Nah. £2.50 from China

That's about $3.08 US. Sounds like your week for bargains. How does it sound plugged in? I tried building a stomp box with one of those MIC K&K style gizmos and I was very disappointed. Very low output.