NGD Walden Natura N730

garthman

• Members

Probably the score of the decade. And most certainly a case of being in the right place at the right time. The pawnshop in our local town usually have a few guitars for sale and I often pop in when I'm passing. A few weeks ago when I called in it turned out to be 5 minutes after a used Walden N730 had been put out on display. It was a discount sale due to one of the tuner buttons being broken - a large chip where it fitted onto the tang. Sale price £44.99

Solid cedar top, solid Indian rosewood back, layered (as Taylor say LOL) rosewood sides, mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard and bridge.

I bought it, of course. A blob of epoxy resin fixed the tuner and it plays like a dream.

IMG_1673 B.jpg

IMG_1675 B.jpg

IMG_1677.JPG

IMG_1679 B.jpg

IMG_1680 B.jpg

IMG_1681 B.jpg

IMG_1683 B.jpg

IMG_1635 B.jpg

IMG_1638 B.jpg

• Members

Thanks all. Its' a lovely guitar and it would have been a good deal at 3 or even 4 times the price. They sold new for around the $500 mark - and over here we would have payed £500 due to tax. So yeah, good stuff.

Joe - I think I'll keep the pawnshop owner in the dark and maybe up the frequency of visits.

Deep - yes, I've fitted a K & K type PU.

• Members
11 hours ago, garthman said:

Nah. £2.50 from China

That's about $3.08 US. Sounds like your week for bargains. How does it sound plugged in? I tried building a stomp box with one of those MIC K&K style gizmos and I was very disappointed. Very low output.

• Members

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Piezo-Contact-Microphone-3-Transducer-Pickups-with-end-pin-jack-for-Kalimba-GN8/233306806959?epid=27018461409&hash=item36522b5aaf:g:O5MAAOSwqWtdSrVH

Output was high. In fact I removed one of the transducers but I still ended up gluing  a thin leather disc to the remaining two contact faces to reduce output.

Archived