Lexicon MX200 effects help

• Members

Just purchased this unit to be used as the main effects unit for the band. Just looking for general help with connection of the unit to the mixer as the manual seems a bit confusing to understand.

We would like to set it up to be on the most part for vocals and some instrumentation. So in other words, one AUX for our DELAY of choice, and another AUX for our REVERB of choice. We have an A&H Mizwiz (i know, it has onboard, but apparently it's not to the taste of a few guys) ... how do i set this up ...

I would use a combined reverb and delay on ONE AUX, however some of the instrumentation we use does not require both ...

What is the best way to connect this ...

Thanks so much.

• CMS Author

It's a shame the onboard effects aren't to their liking, because it's the same engine in the MX200:lol:

You run a cable from one post-fader Aux to the MX, and return it to either a return or to an unused channel (do NOT raise that channel's Aux), and do the same with the other post-fader Aux send to the other MX channel. Keep the MX fully "wet" (max effect mix) and control the amount of effected signals with your return levels. Less is more with effects.

• Members

Yes, big reason is tweaking ability ... the manual is definetly not written for a normal user to understand.

So basically 4 cables will be needed for how i want it ... two to aux's and two returns. Is this a normal way to do it or do most do 1 send and 2 returns as stated in the manual ... like i said, i believe this mixed together both delay and reverb into one aux so the first way i stated would be what i need ...

Anyone have any good choices of reverbs or delays on the mx200 ?

• Members
You can't really tweak them on the fly, tho.

Actually you can via MIDI. I've only tweaked the presets "offline" though.

The lack of tap tempo,

Yep, that's an issue for those of you that are used to using it. I haven't messed about with tap tempo at all because I don't want to "miss" it when using various mixer's built-in FX :freak: .

or any way to adjust the delay time, makes the delay almost useless, IMHO.

Yah, pretty useless without a MIDI controller. I picked up an unused 'ringer BCN44 controller cheap a while back to use live but haven't gotten 'round to playing with it yet...

• Members

I have an MX200 and have no trouble with it, but I'm used to it and tweaking is fairly easy. But remember to only use effects if your ears tell you they are necessary. My last gig this weekend I had it in the rack and hooked up but never used it.

• CMS Author

MX-200 is pretty user hostile, even the manual.

Andy, I think you might be thinking of the predecessor MPX- series. They had that godawful interface with The Knobs of Mystery. The newer MX have a decent interface with displays and indicators that actually show what you're selecting. Also has a USB interface.

• Members

Andy, I think you might be thinking of the predecessor MPX- series. They had that godawful interface with The Knobs of Mystery. The newer MX have a decent interface with displays and indicators that actually show what you're selecting. Also has a USB interface.

Ooops, you are right. That's the one!!!

• CMS Author

Any recommendations for a good sounding reverb and delay on the mx200 ?

Try several in the room, and trust your ears. The room really matters, as many times you don't need anything indoors, but outside some 'verb can really add life. Again, go easy on them, too much makes for a muddy mix.

Archived