CraigLook?!?

• Members

Just checked CraigLook for something and it would appear that Craigslist has effectively shut them down. You can still search other online classifieds... but you will no longer get Craigslist results. Pity... it was a good idea. Good enough to threaten Craigslist I guess...

• Members

Yeah... works like the H-C search workaround. You just need to make sure that the "site:x" string is in there somewhere... not necessarily after BTW, i.e. "whateveryouaresearchingfor site:craigslist.org" works as well. Putting "/msg" after will help to narrow to the Musical Instruments category but not all sites use that so you miss listings. Boston is one of those oddballs I think.

Still, that won't let you search easily by price or posting date like Craiglook did or search only for listings with photos... :eek: ... not that I used it for personal ads.

• Members

That's pretty cool... but few returns on the few searches I did.

EDIT:

I can't get around the
referrers error
on this machine.

If you are using Firefox then it gives you instructions on how to change the settings. It is really simple. Chrome and Saffire will not work. I do not know about Internet Explorer.

Archived