anyone here have firsthand experience with the Peavey XR1212/XR1220 powered mixers?

• Members
On 9/22/2019 at 12:08 PM, marty lefere said:

how do i hook up another power amp to my peavey xr 1212? can you use the two xlr output jacks or do u use the 1/4  output jack into power amp? marty.

The manual shows it has 2 , XLR outputs that should have L , R  Main out labeled on them. Should be on the top, right corner just above the headphone jack. 

https://assets.peavey.com/literature/specs/116919_13044.pdf

• 9 months later...
  • Members
On 10/25/2010 at 7:25 PM, tlbonehead said:
Well, technically it could handle it, but I don't recommend it. The 2 ohm capability was developed after this mixer was done. There are a couple of differences, the cooling in a mixer is much more difficult than an open, rack mount box. In the mixer, the top/circuit board is lying right on top of the fan, restricting the airflow. I jumped through some hoops to get it as good as it is. The current limiting is also set for 4 ohms, along with the primary circuit breaker. You'd probably trip it in the middle of the gig, or sooner.

I guess I should revise my answer, to no. It would make sound, but not at a level you could appreciate.

gotcha. I was guessing that venting/heat issues could be a major difference. Still, that's a sweet amp section to put in a mixer of this size!

So what did you do to fix the fan and the primary circuit breaker?  Do you have the schematics?  Ours was working then all the sudden nothing.  It clicks when you turn it on but nothing after that.  I figured it was a fuse of a circuit breaker that blew.  Also where can you get the parts?

Archived