Latching and momentary switches

StevieFS

• Members

If I have a pedal that has an existing (9 pin) latching switch on it, is it possible to add a 2nd momentary switch to turn on the same effect?

Or is this only really possible if I'm building the entire circuit myself from scratch? What I had hoped to do was DIY a little standalone pedal that'd sit side by side with my effects pedal and have them wired together in whichever way was needed, so the latching switch on the existing pedal continues to work and in addition the sidekick with the momentary switch turns on the same effect only when that switch is engaged.

If I was to solder 9 wires to positions 1-9 on the latching switch and run them to positions 1-9 of the momentary switch, would that achieve this?

• Members
Better idea; put pedal in separate loop. Then you can just leave it on and bring it in and out as you please.

Ah, so an AB switch type thing? "A" routes the signal to the (always on) effect that I'm trying to make momentary and "B" routes it straight to the amp and bypasses it. Nice idea & saves me trying to solder

• Members

The ab box might give you switch noise but that gets you there anyway. I was thinking of a slightly more sophisticated fx loop setup which can be had for not a lot. You basically group your effects into specific groups and switch between the patches Or just bring individual pedals in and out.

Archived