Sign in to follow this  
gardo

1969 the greatest year in music

In a survey 1969 was chosen as the greatest year in music. Think about it,Woodstock ,the Beatles, what a great year

So what was the #1 hit song for the year?

"Sugar,Sugar" by the Archies

go figure

Speaking of 1969, that might have been the pinnacle of my rock fanaticism; not that I was a voracious rocker or anything. Zep Satnana, GFR, CCR the usual suspects...

1967 - it was all going down hill by 69. But, of course, the charts then were full of crap too.

Ted Nugent's solo in "Journey to the Center of the Mind "captured my imagination in 68 and I was definitely into the Beatles

Good Times

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

69 I was finishing college, no special interest in music beyond songs as punctuation markers to place lovers and parties. And suddenly they happened:

In the Court of the Crimson King

Abbey Road,

Let it Bleed,

Tulls Stand Up

If 1969 pulled me into the bedroom 1970s Trespass from Genesis was the seduction.

1969 was absolutely pivotal

The jiving stopped, the world turned and Buddy Holly didn't matter any more :(

Edited by Chordite
  • Thanks 1

Wilson Pickett did a cover of Sugar Sugar, demonstrating you can turn crap into something golden.

69 did have some great music. Besides all the biggies mentioned, 69 was year I got Boz Scaggs solo album with some guitar player named Allman (the bros didn't have album out yet). Oh yeah...

• Like 2

On 8/16/2019 at 9:15 AM, Chordite said:

69 I was finishing college, no special interest in music beyond songs as punctuation markers to place lovers and parties. And suddenly they happened:

In the Court of the Crimson King

Abbey Road,

Let it Bleed,

Tulls Stand Up

If 1969 pulled me into the bedroom 1970s Trespass from Genesis was the seduction.

1969 was absolutely pivotal

The jiving stopped, the world turned and Buddy Holly didn't matter any more :(

I got KC's first completely for the cover. I still have it and no way to play it anymore. As much as I dug  21st Century ... that's the only title and riff I recall. I remember really digging Michael Giles drumming too but that was it for KC. Heard a smattering later on but prog never really grabbed my spirit.

• Like 1