Jet City JCA100H very weak volume

PunkRockCoffey

• Members

So I picked up this JCA100H (no footswitch) and got it home and plugged in and it sounds great but the volume is super low. The clean channel has to be turned up to at least 3.5-4 before it's even audible. The overdrive channel is a little louder but at a 5 I can still barely hear it. I replaced all the power tubes and preamp tubes and it made no difference. Any suggestions where I should start troubleshooting? Or has anyone ever ran into this issue?

• Moderators

In the situation described, I would check the output transformer, and any discrete components between the power tubes and the OT.

What is the impedance of the cabinet you are blowing through? IIRC the 100H is a 16ohm out. If you are in a mismatch, that could cause the volume drop as well....and could damage the OT....

Out of curiosity, are you plugged straight in, using the effects loop, using pedals in front...?

• Members

I am using a Marshall 1960A 412 cab running it mono from the 16ohm input and plugging the guitar straight in to the front input. I have also noticed that the presence knob does not do anything. Not sure if this is a separate issue or related. thanks for the starting pointers

Archived