Wiring for Mono "Bi-Amp" setup

• Members

My objective is to have one 4 conductor to each side from the amp, powering tops and a sub. I'm envisioning a home-made connector plate with two NL4-F's. I made a mock-up to help clarify my idea.

The tops have only one NL4, so I'll need to plug the 4 conductor into the sub and then from the sub parallel out to the tops. I assume I need to switch the pinout on the tops end of the daisy-chain cable, so that the tops see pins +1/-1.

Is it standard for subs with an NL4 pass-through to have all 4 conductors passed?

Is this (amateur) wiring diagram correct?

leaf?id=0B3x_oMcVCtr0NjU2NmY5ZDUtY2U0Yi0

• Members

Well that's what I was thinking originally, but doesn't that just leave me with one NL4 out for the two sides? I need to run a total of two cables to a total of two stacks. I guess I could rewire the plate more efficiently, just coming out of channel A with 4 conductors to the amp end connector plate thingy.

• Members

Use the channel 1 Speak-On out, both channels are available on the single connector so there's no chance of getting it backwards.

Be sure the subs pass the top signal through. Be thorough to be sure you don't make any mistakes. Shorted outputs can be costly.

Archived