Yorkville Y150 speakers any good ?

• Members

Do you mean this one http://www.yorkville.com/products.asp?type=71&cat=31&id=54 then no it's not a very good or acceptable speaker (I've used the Y seires in the past).

If you mean the YX150 then sure they are an okay entry level speaker.

Of course if you're jamming with your friends in the garage, and you need some sort of a PA, then the aforementioned Y150 speakers would certainly be better than nothing. Probably better than Nady, Harbinger etc. - well... at least hardier

If they were stupid cheap, then maybe....

• Members

The Y150 was indeed not a very pleasant speaker. I owned a pair for a few months. They did get loud, but ouch - not the good kind of loud. The newer YX series sounds better than the older Performance Y series but is still Yorkville's entry level line so don't expect too much. I own the YX15Ps and while they sound pretty good and balanced overall, they simply cannot compare - sound quality wise - to more expensive tops out there. They are Ok sounding and will do the job but do not sound great...

Al

• Members

Thanks for the info guys. I guess I will pass on them. I knew that yorkville made a decent speaker but I did not know which model was which. I am not wanting an entry level speaker. Thanks again for the help.

Archived