Sign in to follow this  
badpenguin

Uh, what the hell is this?

Posted (edited)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Breaking-Ab...0AAOSwXFldMiZH

"This guitar string breaking absorber can well relieve the bad psychological influence once they were hurt by the broken strings, especially for those who have no experience. It can absorb some of the strength on the broken string, preventing it from hitting you."

Edited by badpenguin

File under "Things you didn't know you needed until an ambulance chaser sued you because you didn't use one."

• Like 2

Another product designed to prevent something happening that rarely happens...and as far as the 'psychological damage' claims, only psychologically damaged people play guitar in the first place....:facepalm:

• Like 3

Obviously another fine product of P. T. Barnum Enterprises Ltd.: "There's a sucker born every minute."

• Like 3

he'd just take it to his 'luthier' to have it modded for more output....:rolleyes:

:wave:

• Like 4

Hey Ya Neva Know

[video=youtube_share;y10VWJqwcBs]

it's marketing bull ... in an attempt to compel "you" to want something you never thought of, don't need, and almost certainly doesn't do what it's promoted to do.. ya know. . . like a politician's election commercial.. :p

rk

Hey Ya Neva Know

It was so gratifying when it hurt the little twerp. Call me sadistic :)

It was so gratifying when it hurt the little twerp. Call me sadistic :)

i think he was making it up,now if it had being a monkey or a dog then yes .funny you should say that .

[video=youtube;aoxn_VTnPc8]

i think he was making it up,now if it had being a monkey or a dog then yes .funny you should say that .

I think he was at GC last week, at least it sounded like him

• Like 1

This sounds frivolous, but a buddy of mine in high school got a slash across his face when he broke a bass string while tuning. I doubt this product could prevent that, but he was scared of tuning for years after that.

Another option is the EZ fret attachment

%24_12.JPG

Turns a guitar into an autoharp.

I've broken allot of strings in 45 years of playing but non were lethal. I'd say I have a better chance of getting slashed when removing the strings and have the guitar on my lap. Luckily I do wear glasses and the times they could have poked my eyes out were prevented.

Given the kinds of strings I use now, I practically never break strings any more.

Doesn't make sense to make a guitar wear something it will never need.

Turns a guitar into an autoharp.

I've broken allot of strings in 45 years of playing but non were lethal. I'd say I have a better chance of getting slashed when removing the strings and have the guitar on my lap. Luckily I do wear glasses and the times they could have poked my eyes out were prevented.

Given the kinds of strings I use now, I practically never break strings any more.

Doesn't make sense to make a guitar wear something it will never need.

it's not even that sophisticated. It has one button per string, per fret. Each button only frets one string, and pretty poorly based on the marketing vids. The only point of it seems to be you can play without actually touching the strings so you don't need calouses.

pretty useless.

• Like 1

Can we all chip in' date=' and get one for mbengs?[/quote']

Wow !!!!

Why does Mbeings get so much loving attention ?

And I thought I got it bad at HCPP section !!!! sm-wildman

There's a cultural gap or something. Posts rhetoric or his guitar solo of the week. I think mostly what irks the members here is he'll ask questions and ignore the answers/advice. I call it untrolling