Sign in to follow this  
BA.Barcolounger

A gig near-fail that turned into a guitar project

looks great, wouldn't mind to see more pictures of the finished product..

i just recently added a lil'59 in my '72 custom reissue tele, and it made it to the sound beast i had in mind :)

Every single coil pickup manufacturer I know of uses and recommends .047uF capacitors.

"Some folks"? Who?

You can read the thread if you're so inclined: https://www.tdpri.com/threads/best-capacitors-for-tone.303650/

Meanwhile, here are some selected quotes from page one:

.047 in a '52 which results in mucho mud

I use .022, and it is better!

I have to agree whit surfoverb, .022 to my ear in my opinion is the best but we all have different opinions.

These are all "folks" and they all like something other than a .047uF tone cap. BTW, am I the only one who remembers that you're supposed to be ignoring me? For my part, I'll continue to ignore you whenever possible.

You can read the thread if you're so inclined: https://www.tdpri.com/threads/best-capacitors-for-tone.303650/

Meanwhile, here are some selected quotes from page one:

These are all "folks" and they all like something other than a .047uF tone cap. BTW, am I the only one who remembers that you're supposed to be ignoring me? For my part, I'll continue to ignore you whenever possible.

I don't put much faith in random azzholes on the internet---I know what works from EXPERIENCE, never mind what the idiots say.

...and who says I have to ignore you? I never made any such claim. You know everything about everything, whether you do or not---I'll point out your self-righteous idiocy whenever I feel like it.

I don't put much faith in random azzholes on the internet---I know what works from EXPERIENCE, never mind what the idiots say.

...and who says I have to ignore you? I never made any such claim. You know everything about everything, whether you do or not---I'll point out your self-righteous idiocy whenever I feel like it.

Those "random azzoles on the internet" are no different from you. Or from me, for that matter. They're speaking from their EXPERIENCE, which tells them (and you if you're listening) there are alternatives to .047uF caps that work better for them. If you want to call them "random azzoles on the internet" remember: So. Are. You. I have no idea what your credentials are or how much experience you have, any more than I know about theirs, nor do I care. If it comes down to a contest between some "random azzole" and you, I'll choose the former every time.

As for ignoring me, that's a directive from Phil, remember? It wasn't a request. My post about capacitor values was a response to Phil, not you. You chose to reply to me directly. Normally I wouldn't respond and I hope I can go back to ignoring you again.

:philpalm:

there it is again... can you both two just stop?

i just asked for more pictures of the finished guitar, i don't want to read your childish rubbish

• Like 1

Those "random azzoles on the internet" are no different from you. Or from me, for that matter. They're speaking from their EXPERIENCE, which tells them (and you if you're listening) there are alternatives to .047uF caps that work better for them. If you want to call them "random azzoles on the internet" remember: So. Are. You. I have no idea what your credentials are or how much experience you have, any more than I know about theirs, nor do I care. If it comes down to a contest between some "random azzole" and you, I'll choose the former every time.

As for ignoring me, that's a directive from Phil, remember? It wasn't a request. My post about capacitor values was a response to Phil, not you. You chose to reply to me directly. Normally I wouldn't respond and I hope I can go back to ignoring you again.

Hell no. There aren't special rules for DanO only. If you don't want replies, don't post in public.

You claimed that a .047uF cap was unsuited for a guitar circuit and it went from there. I retract my "self-righteous idiocy" comment and apologize---that was uncalled for---but dang it, D, that was a pretty outrageous claim.

Hell no. There aren't special rules for DanO only. If you don't want replies, don't post in public.

You claimed that a .047uF cap was unsuited for a guitar circuit and it went from there. I retract my "self-righteous idiocy" comment and apologize---that was uncalled for---but dang it, D, that was a pretty outrageous claim.

Thanks. Would it help if I said a .047uF cap seems counterintuitive to me, given that I have a .047uF cap in my bass (which, incidentally, has SC p'ups), and that I'd think the tone pot on a bass ought to affect a lower range of frequencies than the one on a guitar? If you'll reread my post, I think you'll see that's pretty much what I did say. I never said a .047uF cap is "wrong" or that manufacturers don't know what they're doing. That's how it reads to me, anyway. Peace, okay?

Thanks. Would it help if I said a .047uF cap seems counterintuitive to me, given that I have a .047uF cap in my bass (which, incidentally, has SC p'ups), and that I'd think the tone pot on a bass ought to affect a lower range of frequencies than the one on a guitar? If you'll reread my post, I think you'll see that's pretty much what I did say. I never said a .047uF cap is "wrong" or that manufacturers don't know what they're doing. That's how it reads to me, anyway. Peace, okay?

Peace, okay.

Look. I'm not the smartest guy who ever put two feet on the ground, but I DO have a degree in electronics technology (from the day when they still taught discrete components and tube theory), plus several years'/hundreds of guitars' worth of experience, and I'm averring that this has nothing to do with freqs and everything to do with simple mathematics. Study up on Ohm's Law. It will clarify my argument nicely.