Park by Marshal g25r for 10 bucks

heartkore7

• Members

New here.

I just bought a Park g25r amp from a thrift store for 10 dollars. It works and sounds great, except I dont know how the reverb / RCA works. That's separate? I'm not really a guitarist, I just thought it was probably a good deal.

What should I do with it? I used to build VFD electrical panels, so I have electronics experience. Perhaps fix it up? Sell it? Just curious how good these are compared to other amps. I've never even had an amp before. I have a Schecter 7 string for when I want guitar on a track I make, but I get a fine and controllable sound from software when needed.

Anyway. Looks like a cool forum and hope I can chime in time to time.

• Members

$10 isn't bad. I paid $39 and $59 for two 15W Marshall Valvestate and MG amps. I eventually want to trade them for a single 30 watt version.

Those Park amps are nearly identical to the Marshall Valvestate/MG series amps. They make for a decent portable combo.

I don't know what you mean by Reverb/RCA. The amp should have a reverb tank that's connected using RCA connectors to the head. The tank sits in the bottom of the amp cab. If all you have are connectors then someone likely had one that was damaged and pulled it out (unless its still there unplugged) The tanks those amps use are likely the same small tank 3 spring designs Marshall uses. (unless you find documentation stating otherwise) You'd probably be safe using one of these Accutronics, 8DB2C1C units if the tank needs replacement. https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/reverb-tank-accutronics-8db2c1c

As far as fixing it up. I wouldn't go nuts on it beyond making it usable. The amp is never going to sell for very much. The highest price I saw on one was $99. If it needs a tank that's $20, plus the $10 you bought it for. The only other thing might be a better speaker but then you'd be in a negative cash flow situation. The original speakers aren't that bad. They are the ones Marshall uses on their valve state which aren't bad for a few years. Maybe if you find a good British voiced speaker with a high SPL level it could make the amp louder, but to be honest, I'd just make the thing playable and use it as is. When you get tired of it trade or sell it and get something else, or just keep it for light gigs.

Archived