Behringer gmx 212

Otter103183

• Members

Your post isn't very clear. What it sounds like you're wanting to do is use the effects in the amp instead of using floor pedals.

Since I have no idea what you do to get your sound with a multi effects pedal I couldn't begin to tell you how to get those same tones with the amp.

The amp has multi effects built in and they can be saved as presets just like your pedal does. You can also get a pedal to control the effects and select whatever presets you've built. I'm sure the amp has some of the presets built to showcase the effects as well. You can usually take the ones you like the most and edit them, then save them as your own customized settings just like you can with any multi effects unit.

I suggest you read the manual for how its actually done. Trying to post all that here doesn't make allot of sense. Once you've walked through a couple with the manual then it should be fairly easy. Getting a pedal to operate it is the ticket however. Trying to change patches from the front of the amp isn't very efficient. Here's the list of effects the amp has with the adjustable parameters.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"AA11.JPG","data-attachmentid":32542008}[/ATTACH]

AA11.JPG.36be7368c851a758891328f73660bf89.JPG

• Members

You want the amp set for a 'clean' sound with none of the amp's effects activated. This is simple...

I think both channels are identical, but if you don't have a footswitch I believe the amp will default to channel 1.

I'd try the "tweed" amp setting first. select "clean" for the middle 'mode' switch. for 'speaker', I'd try "flat" to start, but the "US" or "UK" settings might sound better to you. The "UK" and "California" amp models are 'high gain' and it's very hard to get a clean sound from them, but you may be able by turning the drive control all the way down.

Keep the "drive" control (which acts like a volume control for the preamp) around 3 - 5 on the dial. Put the " low / mid / high " in their middle positions - around 5 on the dials - to start.

The "FX" button should be OUT and the FX light off. The "master" is the master volume control. Adjust that to your preferred loudness.

• Moderators

I have to ask... why did you get this amp if you already had the multi-FX pedal, or why did you get the multi-FX if you already had the amp? And what is the pedal?

Mr. Grumpy is spot on, you want to set the amp to be as transparent as possible. No gain, no fx...'clean as a weasel' as one forumite's child once said...

Obviously WRGKMC completely misread your post.

• Members

[AQUOTE=Mr.Grumpy;n32542607]You want the amp set for a 'clean' sound with none of the amp's effects activated. This is simple...

I think both channels are identical, but if you don't have a footswitch I believe the amp will default to channel 1.

I'd try the "tweed" amp setting first. select "clean" for the middle 'mode' switch. for 'speaker', I'd try "flat" to start, but the "US" or "UK" settings might sound better to you. The "UK" and "California" amp models are 'high gain' and it's very hard to get a clean sound from them, but you may be able by turning the drive control all the way down.

Keep the "drive" control (which acts like a volume control for the preamp) around 3 - 5 on the dial. Put the " low / mid / high " in their middle positions - around 5 on the dials - to start.

The "FX" button should be OUT and the FX light off. The "master" is the master volume control. Adjust that to your preferred loudness.

Thx very much. That is super helpful. I'll do that.

• Members
I have to ask... why did you get this amp if you already had the multi-FX pedal, or why did you get the multi-FX if you already had the amp? And what is the pedal?

Mr. Grumpy is spot on, you want to set the amp to be as transparent as possible. No gain, no fx...'clean as a weasel' as one forumite's child once said...

Obviously WRGKMC completely misread your post.

the pedal is a digitech rp55 multifx pedal. I don't remember when or where i got it, but it's definitely mine because the tones in it sound like something i would set up. I found it in my closet a couple months ago and now I'm trying to work it into my rig.

the amp: I bought it when I was broke, and now I can't get rid of it. since I can't blow money on new sound equipment, I have to find a way to make it work to get what I want out of my amp. I like the tones from my pedal better than the effects from the amp so I want to use that. up until this point I've just been scooping out my amp to get that cold metal tone, but I have better tones in my pedal set up. Thank you guys for your help.

Archived