Any recommendations on a cheap MP3 player that..

• Members

Do you have a cell phone that has a music player on it? When I'm feelin' lazy at a bar gig I just use my Blackberry.

I've done that in a pinch.

Smart phones come in handy sometimes. Showed up at a wedding awhile and realized I forgot to put Pachebels Canon on the MP3 player like I told them I would, but I was able to download it on the phone and everything was cool!

• Members

This is what I use in my DJ system as backup but also as my portable for personal music playback :

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10551&langId=-1&categoryId=16178

It has been fantastic for music playback and is very user friendly in general. You need to convert video before it plays on the unit though. I use it stricly for music... (it is the like the blue one once you get on the site. Mine is a 16GB)

Al

• Members

What I normally use is a netbook I purchased for $199. Yes it costs more than a cheapie mp3 player, but if you don't really need a music player for reasons of portability, but a laptop would be handy here and there, it's nice to have. I take mine on vacations, use it when browsing on the couch while watching TV and have even worked on band stuff at corporate gigs & weddings while we're waiting around or use it during overnight band trips.

One thing that most mp3 players can't do is crossfade. Laptops can do that. Much more professional, especially when you've sold "DJing" cocktail hour, dinner, and breaks at weddings.

• Members
What I normally use is a netbook I purchased for $199. Yes it costs more than a cheapie mp3 player, but if you don't really need a music player for reasons of portability, but a laptop would be handy here and there, it's nice to have. I take mine on vacations, use it when browsing on the couch while watching TV and have even worked on band stuff at corporate gigs & weddings while we're waiting around or use it during overnight band trips.

One thing that most mp3 players can't do is crossfade. Laptops can do that. Much more professional, especially when you've sold "DJing" cocktail hour, dinner, and breaks at weddings.

thought of that. Especially if I wanted to do a few basic backing tracks to do a solo gig promoting some original material. Not sure if MP3 players allow you to quickly pull a single "song" up for one's backing track.

• Members

Not sure if MP3 players allow you to quickly pull a single "song" up for one's backing track.

They do.

Do you know anybody who has one who can show you the basics of how to navigate them? They are all pretty similar for the most part. If not, go down to Best Buy or Radio Shack and check 'em out.

Archived