Sign in to follow this  
-NPC-

Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"BB1FA154-D20B-4895-9178-A77BD4EE753F.jpeg","data-attachmentid":32536882}[/ATTACH]

• Like 1

I sure hope joe Biden wins the election!

Not a fan of Megadeth, but boy do I hate cancer.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/06/17/dave-mustaine-announces-throat-cancer-diagnosis/

What the heck does one have to do with the other? i’m not seeing a correlation here.... :idk:

Nonetheless, cancer does indeed suck, and I wish Dave the best, and hope he has a complete and full recovery.

• Like 2

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none"' date='"data-size":"full","title":"BB1FA154-D20B-4895-9178-A77BD4EE753F.jpeg","data-attachmentid":32536882}[/ATTACH']

Don’t forget to include your own comments with your posts too please...

Medicine has made tremendous advances treating cancer in just our lifetimes.

there's currently running on TV and ad for St Judes where they show some vintage footage of Danny Thomas founding the Children's Hospital.

back then the ad says that about 20% children survived bouts with cancer. That figure is about 80% today.

Joe Biden lost a son to cancer. So naturally he's in favor of expanding the resources we put into fighting this disease.

I don't see a particular need to joke about this topic so I'll leave that to others.

What the heck does one have to do with the other? i’m not seeing a correlation here.... :idk:

Nonetheless, cancer does indeed suck, and I wish Dave the best, and hope he has a complete and full recovery.

Biden promised to cure cancer if elected.

Link?

Zip

No, he didn't.

He said "WE'RE going to cure cancer".

There's a huge difference. See if you can spot it.

I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. I was treated and now have five years remission. There's a lot of different kind of cancer out there. The kind of cancer I had is now curable. If I got it 25 years ago it probably would have killed me. More cures will be coming.

Best of luck Dave

Zip

• Like 2

HPV in the mouth can lead to this. Just saying. Be careful where you put your tongue.sm-tounge:D

Alcohol or tobacco doesn't help either.

Good luck, Dave. I'd be scared witless if I got that news.

No, he didn't.

It seems people don't want to spot it. Who woulda guessed?:rolleyes:

link

HPV in the mouth can lead to this. Just saying. Be careful where you put your tongue.

There is now a vaccine that will prevent HPV. Of course many people don't want that vaccine made available to teenagers because they think it will promote irresponsible behavior.

Zip

• Like 1

There is now a vaccine that will prevent HPV. Of course many people don't want that vaccine made available to teenagers because they think it will promote irresponsible behavior.

Zip

Right. My kids got that.

Hmm. Maybe I should too.

Megadeth fan here. I always thought they were a cut above Metallica musically during the Friedman days.

Rust in Peace FTW

Get well Dave.

Trivia: Dave's daughter was sort of CW star for all of five minutes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electra_Mustaine

I saw them at L'Amours on the Peace Sells tour, they absolutely sucked, Dave was so farked up it wasn't funny.. After the show everyone was hanging outside and he came stumbling around demanding a cigarette, it was suprising someone didn't pop him in the jaw. Couldn't listen to them seriously after that.

But here's hoping for the best for him.

I saw them at L'Amours on the Peace Sells tour, they absolutely sucked, Dave was so farked up it wasn't funny.. After the show everyone was hanging outside and he came stumbling around demanding a cigarette, it was suprising someone didn't pop him in the jaw. Couldn't listen to them seriously after that.

But here's hoping for the best for him.

Yeah young Dave was a prick which is why he was fired from Metallica.

Apparently Alice Cooper help him get sober.

Check out the Rust in Piece album. Great riffage imo.

Thanks - I hadn't heard that. However, your claim is not quite accurate. What he said was that if he's elected, "we're gonna cure cancer", not that he's going to do it, as your post suggests.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...-to-end-cancer

Biden's comment implies he's going to make cancer research a priority, which would certainly help, but doesn't guarantee a "cure" for all types of cancer. It's obviously a statement that can not be "proven"... as the article points out, it's a complicated disease, and what works with one person doesn't always work with another. Plus, it's not just one disease, but dozens, or even hundreds of them. Brain cancer isn't the same thing as leukemia or prostate cancer, so even with extra research and priority, there's no way Joe can guarantee we're going to cure cancer in all of its forms if he's elected.

I had a good friend (who has passed away - RIP James!) who was a well-known / very successful engineer, and he looked a LOT like Dave. He said he was working in a studio one day and James Hetfield walked in and started throwing him dirty looks from the other side of the control room - apparently he thought he was Dave; according to my friend, there was apparently no love lost between the two - at least at that time.

• Like 1

No, he didn't.

I never said that he will cure it. He promised to cure it, in other words, he will be responsible, his election makes it possible. See if you can spot the difference.

Megadeth fan here. I always thought they were a cut above Metallica musically during the Friedman days.

Rust in Peace FTW

Get well Dave.

Trivia: Dave's daughter was sort of CW star for all of five minutes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electra_Mustaine

I'm not a fan of Dave's voice, but his influence in the song writing on Metallica's first two albums is evident.

• Like 2

Apparently Alice Cooper help him get sober.

Check out the Rust in Piece album. Great riffage imo.

Yep. Even hip hop fans agree. That album is the gold standard for the genre:

[video=youtube;sh8wxc4tctE]

(Those guys have one of the best "reaction" channels in their own right, IMO!)

• Like 1

I had a good friend (who has passed away - RIP James!) who was a well-known / very successful engineer, and he looked a LOT like Dave. He said he was working in a studio one day and James Hetfield walked in and started throwing him dirty looks from the other side of the control room - apparently he thought he was Dave; according to my friend, there was apparently no love lost between the two - at least at that time.

Hopefully they've both grown out of the anger towards each other.

• Like 1

Dave is a guitar god of the 1st magnitude , and wish the best fore him!

I dig Megadeth. I take Dave as he is. Like many great performers. They have their demons. Hope he can make it past this.

• Like 1

Yep. Even hip hop fans agree. That album is the gold standard for the genre:

[video=youtube;sh8wxc4tctE]

(Those guys have one of the best "reaction" channels in their own right, IMO!)

Lolz great vid and song.

Just think....Dave was courting Dimebag as a replacement for Friedman, but Dime declined because he couldn't bring his brother along.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none"' date='"data-size":"full","title":"BB1FA154-D20B-4895-9178-A77BD4EE753F.jpeg","data-attachmentid":32536882}[/ATTACH']

It's really ridiculous to post some BS like this when its on audio and video what tRump has proudly admitted to. At least Joe never grabbed 'em by the pu**y!

It's really ridiculous to post some BS like this when its on audio and video what tRump has proudly admitted to. At least Joe never grabbed 'em by the pu**y!

Huh?

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"460AD15D-E921-49ED-B070-CB4330C8E06F.png","data-attachmentid":32537356}[/ATTACH]

460AD15D-E921-49ED-B070-CB4330C8E06F.thumb.png.3074322b1d4c4e0a07c4e081e65930ab.png

Just think....Dave was courting Dimebag as a replacement for Friedman, but Dime declined because he couldn't bring his brother along.

As cool as that would be, I'm glad it didn't happen. Rust in Peace is one of my favorite albums, largely due to Nick Menza, and Pantera is one of my favorite bands, mostly due to Vinnie Paul. I'm happy we got both.

Huh?

Lol.

Are there actually people out there in Trumpville that think there is ANYONE who would choose Trump over Biden because Joe is too handsy?

you don’t REALLY think this will work for you, do you?

Lol.

Are there actually people out there in Trumpville that think there is ANYONE who would choose Trump over Biden because Joe is too handsy?

you don’t REALLY think this will work for you, do you?

That pic of Biden with the The Statue of Liberty is a photoshop.

Hope that helps.

That pic of Biden with the The Statue of Liberty is a photoshop.

Hope that helps.

Yes. I know.

Sad desperation is apparent. :)

Yes. I know.

At least you didn’t insist I was afraid of him.

Biden doesn’t stand a chance against Trump. It’s gonna be fun watching the left eat themselves.

Yes. I know.

Especially considering he started a thread about Mustaine to attack biden. His character is quite clear.

At least you didn’t insist I was afraid of him.

Biden doesn’t stand a chance against Trump. It’s gonna be fun watching the left eat themselves.

Everyone stands a chance against Trump. Better than.

Has he done a single thing to expand his base? Is he counting on an exact repeat of 2016?

Especially considering he started a thread about Mustaine to attack biden. His character is quite clear.

Do you think Biden will make good on his promise to cure cancer?

And I’m not sure why my character is being judged by you. I believe there’s a term for that when it comes to debate.

Posted (edited)

Do you think Biden will make good on his promise to cure cancer?

Do you think that will happen before or after Trump makes good on his promise to give everyone health care that the government will pay for or to balance the budget?

Edited by Vito Corleone

Do you think that will happen before or after Trump makes good on his promise to give everyone health care that the government will pay for or to balance the budget?

Link?

Go ahead and quote the bit where Trump promises what you claim.

Posted (edited)

Go ahead and quote the bit where Trump promises what you claim.

Lol. What’s your game here. That he didn’t specially use the words “I promise. Cross my heart and hope to die”? :facepalm:

Edited by Vito Corleone

Lol. What’s your game here. That he didn’t specially use the words “I promise. Cross my heart and hope to die”? :facepalm:

Still waiting.

Still waiting.

Lol. You have your links. Promises made. Promises not kept.

Like school at midnight....no class.

• Like 1

Lol. You have your links. Promises made. Promises not kept.

He didn’t say what you claimed. In the article you linked, since you won’t quote it, I can only assume you mean the bit where the author says it was a vague promise. Looks more like it’s the author’s attempt to twist Trump's words for the purpose of discrediting him. It’s a very common tactic by Politico and fools their gullible readers to great effect, causing them to parrot their unfounded assertions.

You didn’t fall for their fake news, did you?

He didn’t say what you claimed. In the article you linked, since you won’t quote it, I can only assume you mean the bit where the author says it was a vague promise. Looks more like it’s the author’s attempt to twist Trump's words for the purpose of discrediting him. It’s a very common tactic by Politico and fools their gullible readers to great effect, causing them to parrot their unfounded assertions.

You didn’t fall for their fake news, did you?

Lol. Keep trying.

Sensing the mood of the electorate, Trump like Biden is all in for curing cancer.

From the rally...

President Trump vowed to push America into new “medical frontiers” at a campaign rally on Tuesday evening, saying the US will eradicate AIDS and cure cancer.

Trump made the proclamation at his 2020 reelection campaign kickoff in Orlando, Florida.

“We will push onward with new medical frontiers,” Trump said at the rally.

“We will come up with the cures to many, many problems, to many, many diseases, including cancer and others. And we’re getting closer all the time,” he added. “We will eradicate AIDS in America once and for all and we’re very close.”

Trump’s comments came soon after his son Donald Trump Jr. criticized former Vice President Joe Biden for suggesting the US would cure cancer if he was elected president.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/18/trump-vows-the-us-will-cure-cancer-eradicate-aids-at-reelection-rally/

sometimes being a politician means being like the leader of a mob. You sense which direction the crowd is headed and run to the front and shout follow me.

Lol. Keep trying.

So you refuse to even try to back up your false claim?

Do you think Biden has the ability to keep his promise about curing cancer? Do you think it’s wise to prey on the hopes of countless Americans that are suffering, or have loved ones that are battling cancer?

The MSM has given Biden a pass on this promise. Do you feel required to do the same?

Sensing the mood of the electorate, Trump like Biden is all in for curing cancer.

From the rally...

President Trump vowed to push America into new “medical frontiers” at a campaign rally on Tuesday evening, saying the US will eradicate AIDS and cure cancer.

Trump made the proclamation at his 2020 reelection campaign kickoff in Orlando, Florida.

“We will push onward with new medical frontiers,” Trump said at the rally.

“We will come up with the cures to many, many problems, to many, many diseases, including cancer and others. And we’re getting closer all the time,” he added. “We will eradicate AIDS in America once and for all and we’re very close.”

Trump’s comments came soon after his son Donald Trump Jr. criticized former Vice President Joe Biden for suggesting the US would cure cancer if he was elected president.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/18/trump-vows-the-us-will-cure-cancer-eradicate-aids-at-reelection-rally/

sometimes being a politician means being like the leader of a mob. You sense which direction the crowd is headed and run to the front and shout follow me.

Do you find anything incorrect in his statements?

Do you wish Biden would have chosen his words a little better?