Sign in to follow this  
DeepEnd

Trump supporters might "demand" a third term?

As an aside in a Presidential tweet, Trump asked (tongue in cheek, I hope) "do you think the people would demand that I stay longer? KEEP AMERICA GREAT" after the end of his hypothetical second term. Surely he can't be serious? Right? No matter what his supporters might "demand," it's not that easy to amend the Constitution. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-says-supporters-might-demand-that-he-serve-more-than-two-terms-as-president/2019/06/16/4b6b9ae2-9041-11e9-b570-6416efdc0803_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.46c703a578db.

Well, they do think it's their country. And they have a president who cares not one iota about convention and tradition, let alone every damned thing about our government. So yeah, dictator light is in Mr. Bone Spur's head.

His supporters? I don't know. I don't think even they would go for that.

But these are strange times we live in, when "there are good people on both sides" and "I don't know, I'd have to look at it". The guy is a total dick of a president.

• Like 1

Trump is the king of America , there will never be anymore better, smarter or sexier

• Like 1

He also wants to outlaw flag burning. The congressmen proposing the ban know it will require a constitutional amendment. I’m not sure if Trump has yet developed a concept of the constitution.

Can you say jawolh mein trumpinfuhrer. My wife asked today, what will happen if he refuses to go, especially if he loses in 2020.

Can you say jawolh mein trumpinfuhrer. My wife asked today' date=' what will happen if he refuses to go, especially if he loses in 2020.[/quote']

I suspect he'd be forcefully removed. If he and his supporters tried to violently force the issue I think they'd be surprised how many of us love our country and it's Constitution, even a lot of trumpsters.

• Like 4

He probably won't refuse to go, but being the kind of "tactician" he is, an attempted at a state of emergency/martial law to extend his term/rule is a very probable scenario.

Can't read the gated article, but I wonder what form the "demands" would take.

Posted (edited)

I believe there is virtually no chance whatever of such.

People; opponents of Obama as well as several other Presidents have predicted similar White House power grabs.

It is impossible for me to imagine a scenario where this would actually happen. And if it ever did, it would be over before your evening rush hour commute.

Edited by RogueGnome
  • Like 4

Trump should just declare himself KING of America and do away with elections altogether

Can't read the gated article' date=' but I wonder what form the "demands" would take.[/quote']

My guess is that the demands would be in the form of racist memes.

Trump should just declare himself KING of America and do away with elections altogether

I'm sure he has declared himself so, at least to himself.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
I believe there is virtually no chance whatever of such.

People (opponents of Obama) as well as several other Presidents have predicted similar White House power grabs.

It is impossible for me to imagine a scenario where this would actually happen. And if it ever did, it would be over before your evening rush hour commute.

exactly. i think he's just throwing another turd in the punch bowl because that's what he likes to do...plus, there's that little issue of getting the second term first - all the polling being reported shows him handily beaten by almost any of the contenders...

Edited by wallywanker
  • Like 1

He's trolling. It's actually kind of funny. Nobody would want a 3rd term. Of course, if it was a choice between a 3rd term and facing indictments, who knows?

• Like 1

That's at least a couple times now I've noticed him trial ballooning of the idea.

That's at least a couple times now I've noticed him trial ballooning of the idea.

Does the trial balloon come from Trump or is he echoing something somebody else posted? I read the comments at the FoxNews site. I've seen it mentioned more than once that Trump should be given a free two year extension because of the unfairness of the Muller investigation. By that Logic his supports will want a whole free four years by the time we get to 2020.

Trump looks for what his minions are chewing on and he pretends to throw them more red meat.

Zip

Does the trial balloon come from Trump or is he echoing something somebody else posted? I read the comments at the FoxNews site. I've seen it mentioned more than once that Trump should be given a free two year extension because of the unfairness of the Muller investigation. By that Logic his supports will want a whole free four years by the time we get to 2020.

Trump looks for what his minions are chewing on and he pretends to throw them more red meat.

Zip

I think it comes from himself, and is red meat for the base.

as the campaign season starts to heat up I don't think he can afford to lose many supporters from his Core Group.

whatever excites those folks is a good thing for Donald.

As an aside in a Presidential tweet' date=' Trump asked (tongue in cheek, I hope) [b']"do you think the people would demand that I stay longer?[/b] KEEP AMERICA GREAT" after the end of his hypothetical second term. Surely he can't be serious? Right? No matter what his supporters might "demand," it's not that easy to amend the Constitution. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-says-supporters-might-demand-that-he-serve-more-than-two-terms-as-president/2019/06/16/4b6b9ae2-9041-11e9-b570-6416efdc0803_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.46c703a578db.

He keeps forgetting that ‘the people’ didn’t want him there in the first place.

• Like 1

You guys never fail to amuse!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You guys never fail to amuse!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You are easily amused.:idk:

Zip

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Nah! Jared will do just fine. Things will be looking real 'Kush' for sure. Keep America Kush.

Edited by Donny G

Nah! Jared will do just fine. Things will be looking real 'Kush' for sure. Keep America Kush.

The son of a convicted felon? The guy who was flagged to not be eligible for a security clearance because he was judged to be a security risk?

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest kush-boy doesn't want the job.

Zip

Trump doesn’t want a third term. He just wants to believe he’s so beloved that his supporters would demand it.

Next tweet: “do you think I’m handsome”?

• Like 1

I suspect he'd be forcefully removed. If he and his supporters tried to violently force the issue I think they'd be surprised how many of us love our country and it's Constitution, even a lot of trumpsters.

They're going to have to drag him out like Assange at the Ecuadorian Embassy.

He probably won't refuse to go' date=' but being the kind of "tactician" he is, an attempted at a state of emergency/martial law to extend his term/rule is a very probable scenario.[/quote']

With him, just about anything and everything is either a "disaster" or an "emergency."

It’s an interesting thought exercise. Obviously we’ve never been faced with the question.

Who would order it? The new president trying to take residence up in the White House, I imagine? Would he/she have the actual authority to do so? Who would conduct the actual removal? The army? DC police?

Maybe he will win the popular vote but lose the electoral college and all his supporters will demand he remain in office because it was the “will of the people”. That would be fun!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

President Kellyanne? Too many great choices for sure.

Edited by Donny G

My guess is that the demands would be in the form of racist memes.

Not very powerful, then.

While it might piss me off, it wouldn't force me to change any process.

President Kellyanne? Too many great choices for sure.

You are fond of the ethically challenged. Why?

Zip

Trump is the king of America ' date=' there will never be anymore better, smarter or sexier [/quote']

"I'm the best President in the history of Presidents" - Donald Trump

"...and this is why I'm stocking up on ammo..."

RR & EL, cheering on an unlikely civil war. :rolleyes:

As an aside in a Presidential tweet' date=' Trump asked (tongue in cheek, I hope) "do you think the people would demand that I stay longer? KEEP AMERICA GREAT" after the end of his hypothetical second term. Surely he can't be serious? Right? No matter what his supporters might "demand," it's not that easy to amend the Constitution. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-says-supporters-might-demand-that-he-serve-more-than-two-terms-as-president/2019/06/16/4b6b9ae2-9041-11e9-b570-6416efdc0803_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.46c703a578db.[/quote']

Classic Trump trolling. Don't take the bait. :D

You are fond of the ethically challenged. Why?

Zip

America already tried that with the last administration, a huge failure, obviously. Thanks for asking.

If you heard what some of the Dem candidates are proposing by executive order ' date=' you'd want a third term for our President.[/quote']

Enlighten me.

Can't read the gated article' date=' but I wonder what form the "demands" would take.[/quote']

My guess would be protests. I can't see it going further.

There can be only one...

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Elvis_Costello-King_of_America_%28album_cover%29.jpg","data-attachmentid":32536695}[/ATTACH]

Yet another example of Trump either trolling the opposition, or being totally oblivious to the constitution. Which one? I wouldn't bet on it, one way or the other.

Either way, it's embarrassing, and beneath the office he holds IMHO.

• Like 2

America already tried that with the last administration, a huge failure, obviously. Thanks for asking.

link?

He's trolling. It's actually kind of funny. Nobody would want a 3rd term. Of course' date=' if it was a choice between a 3rd term and facing indictments, who knows?[/quote']

Yeah, I figure either he's trolling or he's a lunatic. For what little peace of mind I have left I'm going to assume trolling.

• Like 1

Trump doesn’t want a third term. He just wants to believe he’s so beloved that his supporters would demand it.

Very plausible IMO.

He keeps forgetting that ‘the people’ didn’t want him there in the first place.

Well, the only "people" he seems to care about are his supporters. There is always going to be a certain percentage you just can't win over. Mitt Romney got that much right (https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/sep/18/mitt-romney/romney-says-47-percent-americans-pay-no-income-tax/) but you don't simply dismiss them either.

If you heard what some of the Dem candidates are proposing by executive order ' date=' you'd want a third term for our President.[/quote']

I haven't heard anything that would persuade me to give the current President a third term. Perhaps a link or two would help. I'd genuinely like to know.

Classic Trump trolling. Don't take the bait. :D

Why does the President, or anyone for that matter, feel the need to troll?

• Like 1

By his second term America will be so pro-trump that we will demand, and get, a third term. We will also imprison those that oppose us and our king.

By his second term America will be so pro-trump that we will demand' date=' and get, a third term. We will also imprison those that oppose us and our king.[/quote']

or maybe not.

or maybe not.

I have confidence that you will come around. You are one of the smart ones here.

I have confidence that you will come around. You are one of the smart ones here.

I think he has a chance at winning a 2nd term, but he has a better shot at being dead or the first man on Mars than being the first President to win a 3rd term since FDR. He's very unpopular with most Americans and I think the 2020 election will clarify this.

Posted (edited)
I think he has a chance at winning a 2nd term' date=' but he has a better shot at being dead or the first man on Mars than being the first President to win a 3rd term since FDR. [b']He's very unpopular with most Americans and I think the 2020 election will clarify this.[/b]

wouldn't that mean he will lose in 2020 :idk:...

Edited by wallywanker