Sign in to follow this  
AlamoMoreover

4X12 LIVE IN FLIGHT CASE THAT FITS MARSHALL 1960A

Looking for a flight case for my Marshall 1960a cab

Ive looked everywhere and just cant seem to find one. It's as if nobody uses them anymore. Would prefer a live in style case but also open to top off lids too.

Posted (edited)

check with Jan-Al Innerprizes, they may have one in their boneyard.

But that is going to be a large case, and finding anything of any quality for under $500 will be a challenge.I assume you've already checked e-Bay, Reverb, etc already, so you know that...

I did find this, and it meets your criteria: https://www.roadcasesusa.com/marshall-412-speaker-cab-std-size-412-bottom-1-4-or-3-8-ata-cases/

Edited by daddymack

perhaps a local carpenter could build you one for a decent price?

road case building is it's own thing...typical construction methods requires laminating a sheet of fiberglass or ABS plastic onto plywood, gluing in different grades of foam, and riveting the valances, corners, handles and latches...not something the typical carpentry shop is set up to do...having run the shop [and the purchasing] for Jan-Al decades ago, I do know a bit about case building...which is not to say that there could be a local ATA/road case builder near the OP, but I will assume that avenue was explored and rejected based on pricing.