Sign in to follow this  
Sqlfox

Criticize my singing and tell me what i'm doing wrong and what i'm doing right!

Hello everyone! I am a 15 year old boy and i absolutely love singing, i just recently got into singing and i have been practicing and experimenting with my voice properly since the last 5 months. Here is a clip of me singing "Lament for Boromir" by J.R.R Tolkien, covered by Clamavi de Profundis:

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0mBEON4QFX0

Thank you in advance!

By the way, my vocal range is from an E2 to a G5 (max falsetto high-note).

Hi Sqlfox and welcome to the forum,

I had a few listens to your clip. I think your singing is not bad, especially for a new singer. Aside from a few spots here or there pitch is decent. You seem to be singing in a pretty good suitable range for your voice at the moment. For a younger singer, especially someone who is still developing in the voice, I would recommend not going too much into the extremes of vocal range or loudness. For a young male singer it can take a few more years for a voice to settle down. If you're passionate and serious about singing then I would recommend getting a voice teacher to help you keep on improving.

Hey there! I just had a listen to your cover and the original. A key thing I'd really focus on learning is to connect your words a bit more. It does sound a bit more choppy because you're really emphasising the first consonant of each word. Also, I'd highly recommend learning to produce a fuller tone if this is what you're after. Notice how rich and full the original singer singing?