Sign in to follow this  
tuco

Top songs of 1967

Lots of lipsynching. :whisper:[video=youtube_share;LJGMFHO1gVo]https://youtu.be/LJGMFHO1gVo[/video]
  • Like 2

Music done right. At least I liked.

Lulu looks better now than she did when she was young.

On New Year's Eve, 2017, we did a "50th Anniversary of the Summer of Love" set. All songs from 1967. Here's our set list:

Setlist 1 NYE Summit Grange

Creeque Alley

Sunshine Of Your Love

White Rabbit / >>Somebody To Love

Happy Together

Incense and Peppermints

Mercy Mercy Mercy

I’m A Believer

Time Of The Season

Sittin’ on the Dock of the Bay

Not Your Steppin Stone

Whiter Shade Of Pale

Lucy In The Sky

Beat It On Down The Line

• Like 1

Music done right. At least I liked.

Lulu looks better now than she did when she was young.

Another lady who has become more beautiful as she matured is Emmylou Harris.

This brings back memories for sure. Interesting mix of songs, lots of soul, rock ballads and pop. Nothing really "heavy". No Hendrix, Cream, Who, Zeppelin or anything close.

I loved "To Sir With Love" and "Ballad of Bobby Joe" back in the day, still do. This was about the time I started getting into music. Cool video! :thu:

They sounded amazing considering no one was plugged in to their amps.

• Like 1

Coincidentally, I had posted three of those songs (Ruby Tuesday, Wendy and Kind of a Drag, along with Carrie Anne) on another forum, that morning, as I recounted the story of an old friend.

Actually, I was (for no particular reason) thinking of someone I used to know. She reminded me of the song, Ruby Tuesday.

When we met, she was just passing through. She was always just passing through and I was seeing someone else. Lynn was built like the proverbial masonry out-building, with big dark eyes and long brown hair. We spent a week together that night and became fast friends.

Over the next ten years, she would call me up whenever she was bound for Arizona. She'd ask, “Are you seeing anyone?”

Like I said, she was always just passing through.

She never did anything or stayed in one place long enough for her boots to get cold. For a while, she was ferrying older, rust free cars from the southwest to the midwest for a guy who would turn them for a profit. She spent a while shuttling U-Haul trucks around the country. She did some smuggling. The last time she came to see me, she was living and working on a ranch near Flathead Lake, in Montana. As I took her back to the airport, I told her, “You never hang around long enough for us to get to know each other”. That was the last I ever heard from her.

My life has always been filled with drifters. I guess that’s the price one pays for being so damned sexy.

I was like 13-14, so this was the music that stayed with me.

Another lady who has become more beautiful as she matured is Emmylou Harris.

I saw her a Emmylou a few years ago and she's a doll. I guess a few years was actually 5 years ago. Time flies.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"maxresdefault.jpg","data-attachmentid":32534082}[/ATTACH]