Sign in to follow this  
isaac42

Cheap bass guitars

It's pretty amazing, actually. You can get a bass guitar for less than $70, shipping included, and, while they're certainly not top quality instruments, reviews say that they're playable, and they don't sound all that bad.

Here's one for under $60:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-5-Color-4-Strings-Fire-Style-Electric-Bass-Guitar/232961418246?hash=item363d952406:m:mfO5c1-AimMpI5F4RGegqlg&var=532477822079

I bought an Ibanez Mikro Bass for $179, put Tape Wound strings on it for $40. Its not $70 but its damn good sounding, very playable bass for $219 total. Of course running it through the Trace Elliot Transit B helped the tone considerably. I've played a few quite expensive basses some over 2 grand. But right now I have no desire to play anything else, except maybe the 5 string version of the same bass.

Guitar factories in Indonesia' date=' China and Korea have it down to an art.[/quote']

I'd say a science rather than an art. I don't think there's anything artisitic or artisanal about what they're doing. They're just churning out one after another, pretty much exactly the same, and, if they're not great, who cares? They're not bad. They're no better than they need to be, but they're no worse.

Got both of mine from Shopgoodwill online auctions for cheap.  A Lyon P-base, and a Ibanez Jazz.  Ibanez was almost new and had a $60 gig bag for $75 including shipping.  

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 2:18 PM, isaac42 said:

I'm thinking about buying a cheapo and tuning it BEAD.

and how it turn out?

I double-dog dare you to do it.   I don't think you will.  I think you are chicken!