Cheap bass guitars

isaac42

• Moderators

It's pretty amazing, actually. You can get a bass guitar for less than $70, shipping included, and, while they're certainly not top quality instruments, reviews say that they're playable, and they don't sound all that bad.

Here's one for under $60:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-5-Color-4-Strings-Fire-Style-Electric-Bass-Guitar/232961418246?hash=item363d952406:m:mfO5c1-AimMpI5F4RGegqlg&var=532477822079

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I bought an Ibanez Mikro Bass for $179, put Tape Wound strings on it for $40. Its not $70 but its damn good sounding, very playable bass for $219 total. Of course running it through the Trace Elliot Transit B helped the tone considerably. I've played a few quite expensive basses some over 2 grand. But right now I have no desire to play anything else, except maybe the 5 string version of the same bass.

• Moderators
Guitar factories in Indonesia' date=' China and Korea have it down to an art.[/quote']

I'd say a science rather than an art. I don't think there's anything artisitic or artisanal about what they're doing. They're just churning out one after another, pretty much exactly the same, and, if they're not great, who cares? They're not bad. They're no better than they need to be, but they're no worse.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 10/23/2019 at 7:08 PM, guitarville said:

I got this one for about 60 usd and the amp for 25 usd.  Nothing wrong with it. Plays real nice and the amp, well, its solid.

I already congratulated you over in the Amps forum but that's a nice looking bass as well. What brand is it? It looks like a Fernandes.

• Members
12 hours ago, guitarville said:

Yes, its a Fernandes bass and for 60 bucks, its not a bad bass at all.

My first electric guitar was a Fernandes. I'd never heard of them before I bought it but a little research showed they have a loyal following. Play yours in good health. 👍

• 4 months later...

Archived