Sign in to follow this  
Easy Listener

Nadler, Barr, Contempt, Subpoena and "constitutional Crisis"

A lot's been going on regarding Barr and the contempt stuff. I thought I'd just throw out some articles on the subject for discussion. Looks like Nadler's bluff got called on this.

Nadler says Mueller will not testify next week

Why Jerry Nadler’s ‘constitutional crisis’ talk is utter bull

Meadows: Jerry Nadler Is Going Crazy Because He Knows The Truth About Spygate Is Coming Out

Nadler’s right- we are in a Constitutional crisis

Nadler once called Holder contempt vote ‘shameful,’ now leads charge against Barr

The above articles are from various sources and contain both articles, ample links and even a couple of good historical videos. They all take the "the left is crazy" side of this, but its the strongest side right now with the most facts on its side so, there you go.

Not bothering to click on what I’ve learned from experience are going to be nothing but highly partisan opinion pieces, but I will say this about “constitutional crisis”

technically we are not to that point yet. That would be reached if the courts rule against Trump and he refused to comply with their ruling. To my knowledge, no president has ever taken things that far before. Even Nixon turned over the tapes.

But right now, this is largely a political game of chicken with each side using over the top rhetoric to try and influence public opinion towards their side.

If you can find somebody somewhere on the internet who writes about stuff saying that the left is crazy, you will post it for our consideration.

sooner or later you will come to understand that the confirmation bias articles that

Delight you so much don't really have the same impact on others.

in the meantime let's shift gears and appreciate Paul Simon.

5570237.jpg

Translation of the OP: "A lot of my ass is being handed to me in the five other threads I started recently, so I'll start yet another one -- just as devoid of facts as most of the others."

In before the OP whines, "ad hominem".

• Like 2

I thought I'd just throw out some articles on the subject for discussion.

Yep, the usual MO. Throw crap at the wall, see what sticks.

IMO,YMMV,MOIWYW

• Like 1

Yep, the usual MO. Throw crap at the wall, see what sticks.

IMO,YMMV,MOIWYW

Actually, no. I think some actually would like to read that information. If you don't, well there are plenty of other threads. Have a nice day. :)

Translation of the OP: "A lot of my ass is being handed to me in the five other threads I started recently, so I'll start yet another one -- just as devoid of facts as most of the others."

In before the OP whines, "ad hominem".

Yeah. That's it. ')

Actually, it's raining and I'm really getting into this today. It's a lot of fun so I'm still doing it. :)

I don't want to read any of those articles, can you post some videos that I can ignore instead?

• Like 3

If you can find somebody somewhere on the internet who writes about stuff saying that the left is crazy, you will post it for our consideration.

sooner or later you will come to understand that the confirmation bias articles that

Delight you so much don't really have the same impact on others.

in the meantime let's shift gears and appreciate Paul Simon.

5570237.jpg

Nobody is forcing you to be in this thread. But thanks for the bump.

I get the feeling I'm starting to be the equivalent an Israeli posting on a Palestinian site. At least, MOSTLY Palestinian.

I'm actually just trying to expose any leftist lurkers here to the world outside their bubble.

I'm actually just trying to expose any leftist lurkers here to the world outside their bubble.

So then, by saying that you essentially admit that none of these posts are in good faith? You're not looking to engender genuine discussion, but rather to "expose leftists"?

There's another name for that behavior.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

So then, by saying that you essentially admit that none of these posts are in good faith? You're not looking to engender genuine discussion, but rather to "expose leftists"?

As much as I hate to defend EL, I don’t think that’s what he was saying.

He said he wants to expose leftists to his point of view.

apparently he believes they are unaware of it and it is his job to enlighten them.

Edited by Vito Corleone

Nobody is forcing you to be in this thread. But thanks for the bump.

people who express an appreciation for even negative attention puzzle me. It takes all kinds I guess.

I get the feeling I'm starting to be the equivalent an Israeli posting on a Palestinian site. At least, MOSTLY Palestinian.

your penchant for inappropriate and misleading comparisons is actually rather charming.

👍

it's ironic that you say that because what you are doing in effect (via your penchant for posting YouTube videos and confirmation bias opinion blogs) is saying; please look at my bubble, please appreciate my bubble!

😏

• Like 1

My bubble is bubblier than your bubble.

Someone save me the trouble:

Are any of these actually ‘articles?’

Someone save me the trouble:

Are any of these actually ‘articles?’

I imagine that each one contains at least a single example of the words a, an, or the.

So, technically...

😀

• Like 1

I look forward to reading your reply to this post Easy Listener...

tenor.gif

Flooding can be fun

IMO

He doesn't really start every other thread.

Sometimes it seems that way, though.