Sign in to follow this  
spacecommando

I was drug tested today

They also gave me a breathalyzer. I've been taking Zyrtec for a couple of weeks. There's antihistamine in it. She said I have nothing to worry about.

I wish I could fail a drug test. But I can't. :bangheadonwall:

You are sorry bangheadonwall?

You are employable for many positions, if you so wish.

I've tested drugs. Always worked. I wanna say common sense prevailed but it was more economic. Recreational free for decades. The thermal rub is all the pharmaceuticals I gotta have.

Posted (edited)

I am thankful I am free of necessary drugs to keep me alive

try to eat right, exercise, get enough sleep

gonna die anyways

meanwhile have some fun and serious,

genes

Edited by nice keetee

They also gave me a breathalyzer. I've been taking Zyrtec for a couple of weeks. There's antihistamine in it. She said I have nothing to worry about.

I'm having a couple of shots of Jim Beam, as a nightcap.

One for me and one for you.

Keep our kids safe.

I'm having a couple of shots of Jim Beam, as a nightcap.

One for me and one for you.

Keep our kids safe.

Maybe someday we meet

@ Parkway,

I am thankful I am free of necessary drugs to keep me alive

try to eat right, exercise, get enough sleep

gonna die anyways

meanwhile have some fun and serious,

genes

1513245_1.jpg

• Like 4

I think we're having a mass exodus of bus drivers. They're begging people to drive buses. A neighboring community has some of the most derp derp bus drivers I've ever seen. They drive like psychos. One of them put a special needs girl in his lap and let her drive the bus. She's like 8 or 9. It was reported and he admitted to it. He still has a job.

Maybe someday we meet

@ Parkway,

:wave:

I bet it's hard to recruit school bus drivers because of the odd, not-full-time work hours and uh, unique, job requirements. Driving a lumbering oversize vehicle through rush-hour traffic, OK, but now you're telling me it's filled with KIDS?!? Yikes.

If you work in public primary education, thank you for your service.

Here in Dallas, we had a weird agency - "Dallas County Schools" - that only existed to provide school bus service to the various school districts in the county. (Schools in Dallas proper are run by the Dallas Independent School District, DISD). Anyway, there were various signs that DCS wasn't well run, one year they didn't have enough drivers hired at the start of the school year, so they hastily contracted with taxis and airport shuttles to take kids to school. You can imagine how well that went over.

Then it came out there were huge kickbacks and financial shenanigans involved in equipping all the DCS buses with cameras, inside and outside. Millions of dollars were spent, the whole thing was exposed as a scam, and a Dallas city council member was just sent to Federal Prison yesterday for his role ($450,000 in bribes) in the scandal. The DCS was disbanded and school districts had scramble to buy or contract out bus service for their districts.

I used to be drug tested regularly as a condition of my employment. I saw a subordinate of mine fail and get fired who knew the consequences.

I bet it's hard to recruit school bus drivers because of the odd, not-full-time work hours and uh, unique, job requirements. Driving a lumbering oversize vehicle through rush-hour traffic, OK, but now you're telling me it's filled with KIDS?!? Yikes.

If you work in public primary education, thank you for your service. . . .

Earlier this year a woman called in to a local (St. Louis) radio station during a "confess something" segment and said she worked in a day care center and sometimes they gave the little tykes benadryl to make them sleepy and calm them down. Judging from the public outcry, not many people have spent much time around small children. I'm a parent and I fully sympathize with the woman who called.

• Like 1

Last time I was told that a company was going to give me a drug test, I panicked...I was up for days trying everything I could get so I would be knowledgeable...and then when I got there, they explained it to me...damn! ;)

I used to be drug tested regularly as a condition of my employment. I saw a subordinate of mine fail and get fired who knew the consequences.

Earlier this year a woman called in to a local (St. Louis) radio station during a "confess something" segment and said she worked in a day care center and sometimes they gave the little tykes benadryl to make them sleepy and calm them down. Judging from the public outcry, not many people have spent much time around small children. I'm a parent and I fully sympathize with the woman who called.

advocating drug use in children... how white christian of you...

They drug test me to make sure I have enough drugs onboard.:wave:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
advocating drug use in children... how white christian of you...

Advocating reasonable measures to keep small children under a reasonable degree of control... How parental of me... When DeepEtte was younger, we literally kept her on a leash to keep her under a degree of control and keep her from being hurt. She also has ADHD and took "drugs" for it for most of her childhood. She chose to stop when she became an adult, which was her decision at that point. I'm going to guess you don't have kids. Just a wild hunch.

Edited by DeepEnd

My parents drugged me when I was around 5 or 6 years old. They had to drive from near Memphis to Austin Texas so my dad could receive an award from Ford Motor Company. I don't remember anything about the trip. I just woke up and we were there. I swam in the biggest swimming pool I've ever seen in my life. And then I woke up and we were home. I understand why they did it. It was the early 60's and drugs were recommended by experts, etc. but still kinda messed up.

Advocating reasonable measures to keep small children under a reasonable degree of control... How parental of me... When DeepEtte was younger, we literally kept her on a leash to keep her under a degree of control and keep her from being hurt. She also has ADHD and took "drugs" for it for most of her childhood. She chose to stop when she became an adult, which was her decision at that point. I'm going to guess you don't have kids. Just a wild hunch.

That's just pathetic.

My son acted up some in 4th and 5th grade, The "authorities" wanted to drug him. I threatened them with legal action---they backed off. He graduated valedictorian.

A leash? REALLY?

That's just pathetic.

My son acted up some in 4th and 5th grade, The "authorities" wanted to drug him. I threatened them with legal action---they backed off. He graduated valedictorian.

A leash? REALLY?

Yes, a leash. She was 2 at the time and we were on vacation in Canada. It was for her own protection. Later, she went way beyond "acting up." Her grades were suffering. After several visits to a psychiatrist, she received a prescription for meds. Once we got the right med and the right dosage, she was a new kid. Nothing pathetic about it. If your approach worked for you and your son, congratulations (BTW, your response is enlightening; I see you've had that "Don't tell me what to do!" problem for a while now) but thank God you didn't raise my kid. Thanks.

Drugs and a leash. This is how we raise our kids.

Then we blame guns for school shootings.

:facepalm:

Drugs and a leash. This is how we raise our kids.

Then we blame guns for school shootings.

I know you want me to act like you don't exist and I wish I could but DeepEtte is a happy, well adjusted mid 20's adult today with no inclination toward violence. I'm a gun owner and she grew up with guns in the house and a healthy respect for firearms and their use. She was raised with appropriate parental controls (i.e, a leash when necessary) and meds when they were needed and prescribed by medical professionals. That said, I don't know what any of that has to do with school shootings. Then again, you probably don't either.

I know you want me to act like you don't exist and I wish I could but DeepEtte is a happy, well adjusted mid 20's adult today with no inclination toward violence. I'm a gun owner and she grew up with guns in the house and a healthy respect for firearms and their use. She was raised with appropriate parental controls (i.e, a leash when necessary) and meds when they were needed and prescribed by medical professionals. That said, I don't know what any of that has to do with school shootings. Then again, you probably don't either.

I know that a leash on a child screams PARENTAL FAIL.

Last week we went to the Rock and Mineral show at the fairgrounds. I saw several kids on leashes. And I saw several kids that should have been on leashes. And a few adults too. Why would a grown man want to run full speed through a crowd of several thousand? Same reason a little kid wants to I suppose.

why not just have wardens stationed everywhere with pellet rifles to "correct" everyone who doesn't behave the way MOST of us think they should

jeebus cripes

Last week we went to the Rock and Mineral show at the fairgrounds. I saw several kids on leashes. And I saw several kids that should have been on leashes. And a few adults too. Why would a grown man want to run full speed through a crowd of several thousand? Same reason a little kid wants to I suppose.

Yeah, there are a couple of different versions. One attaches to a harness or backpack the kid wears, the other attaches to the kid's wrist. It's not like the kid is wearing a dog collar. But then, some folks are always going to have a problem with anything that smacks of control.

youre so full of feces ill bet your eyes are brown... stfu... again you prove your ignorance. please keep your erroneous guesses to yourself and keep your fuekking nose out of my goddamned business, shit for brains.

how self righteous of you... whooda thunkit? lol!

piss up a rope, moron.

youre so full of feces ill bet your eyes are brown... stfu... again you prove your ignorance. please keep your erroneous guesses to yourself and keep your fuekking nose out of my ****************************ed business' date=' **************** for brains. [/quote']

Actually, my eyes are blue, always have been. Sorry to disappoint you. You didn't seem to understand that sometimes small children can be trying. Based on that, I made a guess that you don't have kids. Sorry if I was wrong.

how self righteous of you... whooda thunkit? lol!

piss up a rope, moron.

I could report both your last two posts as personal attacks but I won't. Instead, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But you owe me. You're welcome.

Yeah, there are a couple of different versions. One attaches to a harness or backpack the kid wears, the other attaches to the kid's wrist. It's not like the kid is wearing a dog collar. But then, some folks are always going to have a problem with anything that smacks of control.

passive/aggressive commentary allowed by the holy TOS

passive/aggressive commentary allowed by the holy TOS

Oh come on Dan... everyone has been handing out personal attacks and insults in this thread like it was Halloween candy... he gave no worse than what he was getting from other posters. But you're right that he absolutely should NOT have responded - next time DeepEnd, don't do anyone any "favors" - report and ignore, and leave the personal comments out of the discussion. :cop:

And once again, there's been a LOT of personal attacks and insults in this thread - so EVERYONE leave the personal attacks and insults out of the discussion please. :cop:

Oh come on Dan... everyone has been handing out personal attacks and insults in this thread like it was Halloween candy... he gave no worse than what he was getting from other posters. But you're right that he absolutely should NOT have responded - next time DeepEnd, don't do anyone any "favors" - report and ignore, and leave the personal comments out of the discussion. :cop:

And once again, there's been a LOT of personal attacks and insults in this thread - so EVERYONE leave the personal attacks and insults out of the discussion please. :cop:

CRAP.

No one has been as abusive or insulting as Deep End. He brought all his responses on HIMSELF with his snotty self-righteous posts.

Just like guido does...and when I've had enough of his sh*t, he gets a month off, I get TWO.

Tell me some more.

I know you want me to act like you don't exist...

Actually *I* want you to act like they don't exist. That goes for anyone who you can't get along with. Put them on ignore and don't respond to them. Period. :cop:

CRAP.

No one has been as abusive or insulting as Deep End. He brought all his responses on HIMSELF with his snotty self-righteous posts.

Just like guido does...and when I've had enough of his sh*t, he gets a month off, I get TWO.

Tell me some more.

You got two because you went so over the top with your reply to him, and you had just gotten back from a temp ban for similar violations of the rules. I tend to increase the length of the temp bans when the actions that lead to them get repeated - especially when it happens soon after a similar violation.

The attacks on DeepEnd are not acceptable under the rules, nor are some of his comments acceptable either. So I'm asking everyone to stop, and I'm asking you and Voltan to ignore him, and for him to ignore you and Voltan.

The rules aren't going to change. You're not going to be allowed to just go off on people whenever you feel like it, no matter what offense or slight you feel has been inflicted on you, or because you disagree with someone about something.

Again, if you don't like the rules Dan, and you don't feel you can abide by them, then you should probably find someplace else to post.

Actually *I* want you to act like they don't exist. That goes for anyone who you can't get along with. Put them on ignore and don't respond to them. Period. :cop:

...but continue with your snotty self-righteous judgmentalism, as long as you couch it in passive/aggressive terms that don't directly violate the Holy TOS.

You got two because you went so over the top with your reply to him, and you had just gotten back from a temp ban for similar violations of the rules. I tend to increase the length of the temp bans when the actions that lead to them get repeated - especially when it happens soon after a similar violation.

The attacks on DeepEnd are not acceptable under the rules, nor are some of his comments acceptable either. So I'm asking everyone to stop, and I'm asking you and Voltan to ignore him, and for him to ignore you and Voltan.

The rules aren't going to change. You're not going to be allowed to just go off on people whenever you feel like it, no matter what offense or slight you feel has been inflicted on you, or because you disagree with someone about something.

Again, if you don't like the rules Dan, and you don't feel you can abide by them, then you should probably find someplace else to post.

Now who's making threats

Now who's making threats

No threats Dan. Where's the "threat" in that post? :rolleyes2::facepalm:

...but continue with your snotty self-righteous judgmentalism, as long as you couch it in passive/aggressive terms that don't directly violate the Holy TOS.

No Dan, that's not what it says. It says he needs to IGNORE YOU - not "continue with snotty self-righteous judgementalism" - if he's doing that, then he isn't ignoring you, is he?

I don't "go off" on anybody unless they extremely provoke me.

You treat me with respect, I treat you with respect. I submit my many years and many friendships here as solid evidence of that.

You f*ck with me, stand by. I'm not your bitch.

Maybe you've had a sheltered life where you can expect people to behave. I HAVE NOT. Don't expect me to give you a pass whenever you feel like getting idiotic. Not gonna happen.

If that don't suit ya, quit threatening me and BAN ME.

Posted (edited)

I could report both your last two posts as personal attacks but I won't. Instead, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But you owe me. You're welcome.

i owe you? fhuck you.... i owe you fecal plugs from a hibernating grizzly bear... i could give a rats ass about what anybody has to say about me speaking the truth... again, with feeling... Fuuuuu huuuuuuuuuuck you! with a running chainsaw... suck my cock you ignorant bitch...

toodles!

Edited by Voltan
i wanted my spelling accurate for mire betterer understanding of the concepts offeredt to the little fucktard...

i owe you? fhuck you.... i owe you fecal plugs from a hibernating grizzly bear... i could give a rats ass about what anybody has to say about me speaking the truth... again, with feeling... Fuuuuu huuuuuuuuuuck you! with a running chainsaw... suck my cock you ignorant bitch...

toodles!

sugar coat that.

05-16-2019, 07:14 AM

Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post

toodles!

Last edited by Voltan; 05-16-2019, 07:15 AM. Reason: i wanted my spelling accurate for mire betterer understanding of the concepts offeredt to the little fucktard...

Originally posted by isaac42;n32240445

Voltan is correct.

i notice freedom of speech allowed in the “edit” comments...

I've put leashes on my kids a few times. They were used as a teaching tool to help them learn how to ski. It was hilarious but a lot of work. They work as a way to control their speed and movement, sorta like reins on a horse. Every run down the mountain was pretty exhausting though. My son has developed into an excellent skier/snowboarder. My daughter can hold her own.

I've seen plenty of kids on leashes. It looks pretty hilarious. I understand it but would never do it myself.