VOM1T April 2019

garthman

• Members

Hello all.

VOM time again.

I've recorded nothing new of late. The UK is currently enjoying some lovely sunny weather with temperatures higher than Spain - around 75F - so spending lots of time outdoors.

But here is an old one:

"The Bells of Rhymney". Words by poet Idris Davies, music by Pete Seeger. Recorded by The Byrds in 1965 for their debut album Mr Tambourine Man.

https://app.box.com/s/kk0pv42b6e5qwwpcn4y01saojp4j7wic

• Members

Hello Howard. Well done. Many people have recorded it and I think The Bryds top the list. John Denver also had a nice recording of it. Oddly enough, I never was a Pete Seeger fan based solely on his musicianship, which seemed to me to be more of a tool to pander his anti-establishment messages with. He and his ilk seemed to be poachers of music rather than artists of it. Fine line, I know, but you have to be aware that you're toeing it.

I haven't recorded in a long time. What I have done is a bunch of shorts as demos for people who've requested tabs from me. I don't do tabs. This is a short demo Joni Mitchell's Both Sides Now, which I think I've posted before.

• Members

garthman - Well done and welcome back. I hadn't heard that one in a while so I listened to the Byrds' version again.

Idunno - Very well done. Certainly better than I can do. I don't remember offhand if you've posted that one or not but it was a pleasure to hear it.

Archived