Ashly XR1001 mono sub operation?

• Members

Hi Tomm,

Not sure if this is what you're asking but, to run mono ( highs and lows ) you would use just one channel of the stereo crossover. If you are using an EQ, place that before the crossover and run your signal from that into the crossover. It also appears that crossover allows for going stereo with the upper highs and mono with the subs. I see a mono sub out in the back. It looks very similar in function to the dbx unit I have, and I've had no problem running mono. Hope this helps.

• Members

have an additional jack labeled MONO LOW OUT. This output represents the sum of low frequency outputs of both channels, and is a function of BOTH low level controls. It is typically used for driving mono sub-woofers in a stereo system, reducing the number of power amps needed. Connectors and wiring are the same as the other outputs. If

you are using a mono low output, you may also use the normal low frequency outputs to drive other speaker systems; any or all of the low frequency outputs may be used at any given time without interaction between outputs.

I think you need the bolded crossover to do what you needed.

http://www.ashly.com/manuals/xman04.pdf

• Members

Hi Tomm,

Not sure if this is what you're asking but, to run mono ( highs and lows ) you would use just one channel of the stereo crossover. If you are using an EQ, place that before the crossover and run your signal from that into the crossover. It also appears that crossover allows for going stereo with the upper highs and mono with the subs. I see a mono sub out in the back. It looks very similar in function to the dbx unit I have, and I've had no problem running mono. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to run stereo tops and mono subs. I don't see any input for subs marked as such. (I'm looking at the manual) Just wondering if there is a way to do it that Ashly didn't mention. Stereo subs is not the end of the world, I'm just used to mono.

TW

Archived