Fender Elite

gspointer

• Members

In the past year I've picked up a couple of Fender Elites. One Jazz 5 string in Seafoam green with the matching headstock. (impulse buy, I have a serious weakness for certain colors of Green), and recently a Tele in butterscotch blonde. FWIW, they both seem very well made and comfy. I really like the EQ on the Jazz, and even switched off, I am very happy with the sound. I like the truss rod Adjustment wheel. I never really had many problems with the other style, aside from a tendency I had of chewing up the pick guards a bit. The tuner for the B string has an extension on the tuner to hold the string near the bottom of the peg. The other 4 use a pair of round retainers to increase the break-angle over the nut. I have a couple of American Standard 5 strings (and a 4), and never noticed an issue with the B strings relative tension, although I have read more than a few complaints. I always put 3 wraps on the peg with the string coming off the bottom to increase the break angle. I've yet to notice any flaws in their construction, or finish and am very happy with the electronics. (I even like the S-1 switch on the Tele). The Elite Jazz bass has been my favorite bass for the better part of the year, very briefly falling to second behind one of my Ernie Ball basses. There is a reason I am not a professional reviewer, as I am not eloquent, descriptive or likely to make anyone want to buy one! They are great guitars, and do what I want them to do!

Archived