Jeff Beck with Jan Hammer Group Live

Jeff Beck

Black Market

Heavy Weather

Mr. Gone

Weather Report

​​​​​​​

• Members

The Arcade Fire's original 7-song EP that somehow featured better music than any of their releases on a record label

Funeral

Neon Bible

Their following album was an extended rehash of Neon Bible. They reinvented themselves with a really good fourth LP! And then their fifth LP was a total rehash of it. But that first EP, wowsers.

• Members

Sufjan Stevens:

Michigan (Greetings from Michigan, the Great Lake State)

Illinois (Come On Feel the Illinoise)

The Age of Adz

If any of you are folk fans and want to hear some virtuosic wordsmithing and music making about midwestern states, traditions, childhood, Americana, and more, listen to the first two. ..... And then be prepared to step into a new gear for Age of Adz.

• Members
If any of you are folk fans and want to hear some virtuosic wordsmithing and music making about midwestern states' date=' traditions, childhood, Americana, and more, listen to the first two. ..... And then be prepared to step into a new gear for [i']Age of Adz[/i].

In the Americana or alt-country kind of vein, you could make a list of three great albums somewhere in Wilco's first five. I personally would choose Summerteeth, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, and a Ghost is Born. Hardcore fans might start earlier, though.

• Members

The Beatles: Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Manic Street Preachers: Generation Terrorists, Gold Against The Soul, The Holy Bible

The Kinks: Something Else By The Kinks, The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society, Arthur (or The Decline And Fall Of The British Empire), Lola Versus Powerman And The Moneygoround, Part One.

(Getting seriously unfashionable here) Marillion: Script For A Jester's Tear, Fugazi, Childhood's End, Clutching At Straws.

And of course, everything that Justin Bieber ever did :rolleyes:

• Members

Good choice, but wasn't Magical Mystery Tour in there before the White album?

I guess it's arguably a compilation and not an album? Half is music for the film, half is a collection of singles.

• Members

The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan

The Times They Are a-Changin'

Another side of Bob Dylan

Bringin' It All Back Home

Highway 61 Revisited

Blonde on Blonde

His first, self-titled album is also one of my favorites, though not as well known. After "Blonde on Blonde" is John Wesley Harding, which has 'All Along the Watchtower' and "I'll be Your Baby Tonight". After that is "Nashville Skyline", a jewel in its own right.

• Members
I can't stand VH, but this was a massively legit run:

VH

VH2

Women And Children First

Fair Warning

Diver Down

Yeah, I was gonna go

Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984, with DD being probably the weakest of the entries, but I still consider the other two the best hard rock records of all time. And DD still has "The Full Bug" and "Little Guitars." :rawk:

• Members

Highway 61 Revisited

Blonde on Blonde

His first, self-titled album is also one of my favorites, though not as well known. After "Blonde on Blonde" is John Wesley Harding, which has 'All Along the Watchtower' and "I'll be Your Baby Tonight". After that is "Nashville Skyline", a jewel in its own right.

Another side is my favorite dylan record

• Members

Highway 61 Revisited

Blonde on Blonde

O snap!

Archived