reverb

gardo

• Members

Anyone buy or sell on reverb?

I bought my newest guitar on reverb and was quite happy with everything about the whole transaction.

(note : I said newest guitar not last,there will probably never be a last guitar if I.m still breathing)

• Members

i bought a dano 12 string a year or so, which was my first purchase on there. went as smooth as all my ebay (buy it now) transactions

ok i just have 18 ebay transaction so far in almost 15 years :)

i like their quizzes and some of their articles and andy from proguitar shop pro is also there. i think reverb is easier to use and their search overview is better than in ebay...

that said i'm not buying much gear lately and not ger browsing and on the hunt for a bargain or a steal like i used to

• Members

well as i stopped gear browsing and bargain hunting, i just buy stuff what i really need and then it depends where i can get it at which price.

so i buy stuff from thomann, reverb, ebay, amazon or some smaller dealer if they have the item of my demand on stock and cheap...

also e.g.the used effects market went crazy so getting a cheap roland beebaa, or an original tonebender or fuzzface or the like is not happening anymore, no matter where you look, ebay or reverb or local craiglist

• Members
Anyone buy or sell on reverb?

I bought my newest guitar on reverb and was quite happy with everything about the whole transaction.

(note : I said newest guitar not last,there will probably never be a last guitar if I.m still breathing)

:D

I know the feeling.

I never did REVERB.

I have developed a relationship with a major retailer that gives me 20% off on everything.

On instruments they will do a bit of cherry picking for me and send me pics. Overnight shipping free.

Zero BS.

• Moderators

I have purchased a number of things over the last several years through Reverb...an acoustic fretless bass [local], a couple of amps [i one I've kept, one I re-tubed and sold for a profit-local pickup in&out], 'hotspot' monitors, several pedals, 16ch Yamaha PA board [local], some pickups... I try to avoid the shipping, so fortunately I live in a large, musically diverse, metropolitan area. It works out pretty well...I've certainly bought a dud or two [the worst being a no-name buffer pedal...but it was $20...and I know what the issue is with it, and I can fix it if I want to, maybe, one day, and then sell it for 30 bux.

I have a number of things on the 'watch list' at any given time, waiting for the price to go down or a discount day...or the feeling I could low-ball an offer after a long time watching and get the price right. ;)

I have yet to sell anything [i'm sure many of you understand that :wave: ]...but the time is approaching. I'll unload mainly pedals I don't use, need, or like. I just have to get motivated, take the pix, write the blurbs and calc the shipping. Not all that involved, just don't need the space or the $ ATM. There are a couple of low watt amps as well, like my 10W Epi Galaxie 1x10 [tube], which is actually a neat little amp, but I just don't use it enough, and some PA speakers.

• Members

I bought one of my pedals there. I shop for price and they just happened to have the best deal on one so I bought there.

I'd say in general 50% of their prices are competitive with sites like EBay I have seen some crazy pricing there quite often too. Stuff selling for more then it was new. Buyers need to beware when buying used gear on reverb just like any other auction site. .

If I had a choice between eBay and Reverb, I prefer eBay because they've earned my loyalty. They have an unconditional refund policy which does an excellent job protecting the buyer. If anyone tries to rip you off, Ebay and Pay Pal will give you back 100% of what you spent with very few exceptions. You simply need to be sure you attempt to work it out with the seller and put in a claim if they fail to respond.

I've had more then one instance when they find you bought from a deadbeat seller, they cancel the auction and/or pay you back.

On the seller side, the charges are about 10% if I remember right. I'd need to see what Reverb's charges are and read the agreement before selling there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I have never looked at the Reverb site, I have not previously commented on this thread. Neither have I bought one of their products but after visiting this thread I went to a general news site and was greeted with a whole column of ads for Reverb guitars. I feel profiled with my 'privacy' violated.

It is long past time to reign in the rampant abuse of privacy by American big tech, It may be you, it may be chrome I don't know but something needs to be done fast to curb this silicon valley Orwellianism!

ps I have also wayback set chrome 'do not allow sites to track my physical allocation' but still get US ads saying "this new hearing aid or whatever is all the rage in (name of my actual welsh village)". I have just joined a VPN so at least that "we know where you live" violation will be stopping soon.

• Members
I have never looked at the Reverb site, I have not previously commented on this thread. Neither have I bought one of their products but after visiting this thread I went to a general news site and was greeted with a whole column of ads for Reverb guitars. I feel profiled with my 'privacy' violated.

It is long past time to reign in the rampant abuse of privacy by American big tech, It may be you, it may be chrome I don't know but something needs to be done fast to curb this silicon valley Orwellianism!

ps I have also wayback set chrome 'do not allow sites to track my physical allocation' but still get US ads saying "this new hearing aid or whatever is all the rage in (name of my actual welsh village)". I have just joined a VPN so at least that "we know where you live" violation will be stopping soon.

reverb is just like ebay but only for musical instruments, and as ebay seller mostly offer only buy it now nowadays reverb also mostly has only fixed priced offers

sellers are like on ebay, some are private sales, some are mom and pop shops, some are big ones.

some write to send them a message with an offer to negotiate the price a bit

all in all reverb is better sorted than ebay and seem to have more active listings for instruments

getting a steal on ebay with auctions not going high up became very seldom anyway, as the knowledge spread to buyers and sellers what the stuff is worth they are selling...

and as far as ad's go, everyone is heavily advertising on the net, ad-blockers in the browser help, deleting your cookies regularly and your browser history helps to break their tracking system , but this takes away also some comfort from the user, lots of the stuff has todo with comfort vs privacy and what is more important to yourself...

oh and reverb has some quizzes from time to time :)

• Members

Coincedence ? I don't think so

• Members

Coincedence ? I don't think so

I usually use adblocking but turning it off has been a revelation on profiling and not in a good way :)

They say it's all 'anonymous' but they know I like both guitars and tall blondes so that narrows it down to me and Rod Stewart LoL

Archived