Sign in to follow this  
Chordite

What stage name would you give yourself?

Amazingly being in Europe you have to VPN to NewYork to read that article or it is blocked!

Edited by Chordite

well, my moniker is my stage name...for my solo act, though I have toyed with a few...'Simon N. Garfunkel' was maybe the best of the lot, Hal N. Oatz came in a distant second...years ago, a guitarist I knew used 'Rusty Playor' as his solo stage name.

Band names are much more fun...my 'jazz' band, the Swing Kings, came very close to being the Incontinentals...

• Like 1

A drummer I worked with a while back, named Michael, wanted to be called Mike Abel...the bassist suggested the last name would have been better as Hunt...we dropped the stagenames after that.

Sorry, hadn't realized that. If anyone else is interested, do a web search for "Chik Fil A kale lawsuit" and you'll turn up a few articles about corporate foolishness.

No worries DE. It happens on a lot of US news sites. "Not available in your region" is a regular occurrence.

I was thinking of the WWI air ace. Dunno if they were related, I never asked. Plus, the popcorn dude's name was Redenbacher. ;)

WW 1 ace and Eastern Airlines CEO are the same person.He was also a race car driver. One of my heros as a kid

Ever heard of a Rickenbacker car? Him again

Edited by gardo
  • Like 2

WW 1 ace and Eastern Airlines CEO are the same person.He was also a race car driver. One of my heros as a kid

Ever heard of a Rickenbacker car? Him again

I knew he was the former CEO of Eastern Airlines, I just normally identify him as an aviator. I meant I never asked whether my Eddie Rickenbacker was related to him. We weren't close, just two guys in the same HS class of about 300. I didn't know about his car racing--or if I did I'd forgotten. Never heard of a Rickenbacker automobile but they seem to have a loyal fan base:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Rick_car.jpg","data-attachmentid":32474185}[/ATTACH]

How about Martin Gibsonfender?

I didn't push the "like" button thing of that. You forgot of Epiphone. How could you do that of myself... how ?

Crinkles Fentin Gibsoepiphoney

ya

maybe

maybe I don't know

maybe

olo

fml

• Like 1

I used to work with a guy who's stage name was Mike Stand. True story. :)

I had a staff badge at a folk festival once that read DB Booster

- Jailhouse Fingers Jefferson

Edited by MikeRivers
  • Like 3

At school we had a kid called Donald Duckworth. I imagine he took his wife's name when he eventually got married.

I knew a musician whose real name was Duck Donald. It was really "Duck" and not "Duckworth" or something snooty like that. That's what he went by on stage and everyone thought he made it up.