Sign in to follow this  
Chordite

What stage name would you give yourself?

A bit of fun here and I'm curious :)

You all know Marvin Lee Aday, Chaim Weitz, Richard Melville Hall, and (omg) Elgin Baylor Lumpkin. But not as those names .

I don't hate my name but it is already taken by a very famous musician. Whilst fame has eluded me I got to thinking what name I might choose? And what would fit my music, (intentionally contrary to the few odd bits I have posted here I am Jazzy, Trip Hop, Ambient rather than 'song' based)

But What would you call yourself? preferably along with your general music category

• Like 1

I always thought John Doe was brilliant, but it’s taken.

I’ve played with both Steve Miller and James Taylor... but not “the” Steve Miller or James Taylor... :lol:

A buddy refers to me as Red Fontaine from time to time, so if I was going to use a alias, I’d probably consider that one.

I once dated the sister of Carlos Santana

Of course not the famous one

But anyway, I can’t imagine why I would want a stage name

Of course not! The Great and Glorious Gardo has such a nice ring to it - why would you want to change that anyway? :confused2:;)

If I had to come up with a name I’d try Juke

I like the old Grady Martin style rock a billy and honky tonk and juke joints (where the jukebox got it's name )

So Juke

There is a song called "JUKE"

Edited by gardo

My band and I would be Oscar Mayer and the Hot Dogs. ;)

And I went to high school with Eddie Rickenbacker. But of course not the famous one.

I've worked under several stage names over the years, mostly as part of a show band schtick. My favorite was Jack M'Hoff.

• Like 1

Mike Stan? Wynn Skrean? Old Peckinpah film "The Ballad of Cable Hogg"? Hmmm Gig Young already taken... what is opposite of "the edge"? (always hated that name).

Mike Stan? Wynn Skrean? Old Peckinpah film "The Ballad of Cable Hogg"? Hmmm Gig Young already taken... what is opposite of "the edge"? (always hated that name).

opposite of the edge

OMG Gardo... on my walk to the beach, thinking of names this morning, thought "Riff... hmmm.... Riff Rafferty" as Gerry Rafferty was in Stealers Wheel... (this presumed thought of mine before I saw your post...) George Riff Raft? Riff Van Wrinkle? "Sunscreen of your Love"...

I used to work with a guy who's stage name was Mike Stand. True story. :)

My band and I would be Oscar Mayer and the Hot Dogs. ;)

And I went to high school with Eddie Rickenbacker. But of course not the famous one.

Which famous one - the fighter pilot / Eastern Airlines CEO, or the popcorn dude? :confused2::idk:

Oh, that's right - the popcorn dude was named Orville, not Eddie. Never mind. :o

they say great minds think alike

You planted the seed because subconsously you know the middle is the oppisite of the edge

Buster Himan

Back in highschool there was a teacher named Mr.Cherry . Of curse we all refered to him as Buster

Evne worse one poor kid eventually got his name leagelly changed. What were his parents thinking to name him Woodrow Dick or Woody as he was called

Edited by gardo
  • Like 2

At school we had a kid called Donald Duckworth. I imagine he took his wife's name when he eventually got married.

Look on the bright side - at least his parents didn't name him Daffy. ;)

• Like 1

The opposite of the edge is the center, i.e., the part that'f farthest from the edge. Maybe Dead Center?

• Like 1

Which famous one - the fighter pilot / Eastern Airlines CEO, or the popcorn dude? :confused2::idk:

Oh, that's right - the popcorn dude was named Orville, not Eddie. Never mind. :o

I was thinking of the WWI air ace. Dunno if they were related, I never asked. Plus, the popcorn dude's name was Redenbacher. ;)

I was thinking of the WWI air ace. Dunno if they were related, I never asked. Plus, the popcorn dude's name was Redenbacher. ;)

I'm surprised John Hall hasn't hit him with a cease and desist letter for using a name so close to Rickenbacker. ;)

I'm surprised John Hall hasn't hit him with a cease and desist letter for using a name so close to Rickenbacker. ;)

Yeah, after all the public might not know the difference between popcorn and musical instruments. Reminds me of Chik-Fil-A suing a guy who made "Eat more kale" t-shirts because consumers might be confused. :rolleyes2: (http://time.com/3631523/eat-more-kale-slogan-chik-fil-a/)

• Like 1