ibanez jem7v to 600 dollars!

ratson page 3

• Members

Good day mates !!!, Today for my neighborhood, I found this jem7VB from 2002 to 600 dollars !!, the only detail I found, says the seller who fell and broke the headstock, but without getting rid of, so it was arranged by a luthier, everything is original without any modification, the only problem is how I mention the broken headstock.

I leave photos aver if I do not {censored} and throw my savings for this jem or I do with the opportunity of my life jaj.

2e6babe8a01d5880f05a5122b3f5442e.png.5d59c7468d0e4af4f6083ed8b98fcf57.png

4bdeaa5e0b938df98f8030d16a9b0d71.png.fdb1e52931f6fd4058a845792dae0fb3.png

986cf82aac8344b6cef5b1149e2d70a0.png.fb8284fd6b7d26a3d973afea38218329.png

• Members

No it can't effectively be fixed and maintained, until it breaks all the way again. And then, it's a crap shoot whether or not it's going to break cleanly and is fixable. Given the amount of invasive repairs that were already done, odds of a clean break are pretty small IMO.

Look at it this way. Someone went through the trouble and expense to fix a broken head stock only to sell it. I can't help but think they are looking to unload a problem onto somebody else.

Also, look at the thing. It has body damage on the bottom, as if it was thrown around and set down with out too much care. That thing has been used and abused. Keep looking. It's not worth the risk.

• Members

I'm not sure exactly what I am seeing in the first picture. It looks like someone has done a weird spline (which can be a good thing) but I don't understand exactly where the break is, how it was fixed or whether it is structurally sound or not. The two allen bolts are for the locking nut - I have always felt that weakened an already weak area. I can't tell anything else about the guitar - geometry, other structural issues, etc.

I'll add two things - a correctly repaired head break can be as strong as the parent wood and can last a life time. An incorrectly repaired head break will just fail again and be harder to fix. Oh, and a third thing, I fix guitars and almost always charge more, often much more, to unfix and refix a botched repair like this might be.

Without seeing it I can't give any more advice. If you can get it cheap enough (and in my humble 600 isn't cheap enough) and the head does fail in the future you can get a new neck from Ibanez (they are available) and replace it.

Archived