Is it Acoustic, Is It Electric, Is It Even a Telecaster ?

gardo

• Members
I have one. I saw the Anderton's demo and had to have it. I play more acoustic than electric but i thought this would be cool.

The neck has a very electric feel and has a satin finish, which I like. As a naked acoustic, it's not much to write home about but plugged in it's pretty cool. I think this guitar is focused more toward acoustic sounds and the single coil is a nice accent.

So far, I've mainly just messed around with only a looper pedal recording different parts with different sounds. Next I want to see if I can record by running it straight into my audio interface.

Love to hear more about your impressions of it

Keep us posted

• Members

I was occasionally tempted to buy one of the earlier Stratocoustics or Telecoustics as a bit of a novelty even though I knew they weren't great guitars, so this new MIA version sure caught my eye. But then the price tag poked me in the eye.

I think I'd rather look up a deal on a Godin Acousticaster if I were lust for this type of kit. I own a Godin Richmond/Dorchester (similar to a Ricky 330) and a Session (similar to a HSS Strat) and they are both very good value guitars. They can often be found for a lot less than you'd expect for the quality of their instruments. I actually found the Session on Amazon new for $310 and it's a great guitar. A little deeper and darker sounding than a Fender counterpart, but "in a good way".

https://godinguitars.com/product/acousticaster-natural-hg-maple-041879/

• Members

Minor update. I was in my local music store the other day (an authorized Fender dealer) and commented on this guitar. The clerk said the store's owner had decided not to get one of these on speculation - he wasn't convinced that they could sell it considering the price and market. She did say that the guitarist in her husband's band was curious about it and next time he was in Austin he was going to seek one out and try it.

I guess that means that unless I go to Austin also I won't get to play one.

• Members

I will state my experience with prior iterations that were at around "here" at a place, a while ago that I tried of them for about 10 minutes each. I didn't put an amp on with them, I probably should have of that, but I didn't of them at then at there, then. Unplugged, the 2 I checked out, they were kind of dull, lacked sustain and didn't really ring out as I kind of wanted them to. Maybe it was that they are not a total acoustic thing and they may have been very most ok with an amplifier thing maybe. But, without 1 of them, in my opinion, they were kind of...meh, a little bit maybe, without an amp thing like that unplugged. Maybe they are supposed to be like that maybe and maybe the new 1s are not, I haven't had an opportunity, yet, to check a new issue of them. Maybe they are, and are supposed to be like that maybe maybe I don't know maybe.

• Members
I will state my experience with prior iterations that were at around "here" at a place, a while ago that I tried of them for about 10 minutes each. I didn't put an amp on with them, I probably should have of that, but I didn't of them at then at there, then. Unplugged, the 2 I checked out, they were kind of dull, lacked sustain and didn't really ring out as I kind of wanted them to. Maybe it was that they are not a total acoustic thing and they may have been very most ok with an amplifier thing maybe. But, without 1 of them, in my opinion, they were kind of...meh, a little bit maybe, without an amp thing like that unplugged. Maybe they are supposed to be like that maybe and maybe the new 1s are not, I haven't had an opportunity, yet, to check a new issue of them. Maybe they are, and are supposed to be like that maybe maybe I don't know maybe.

At there, then is "here" at WUT?

• Members

as I try to communicate, from at "here", that is how I refer to my area of residence. "here", without those things of this "" ,as I attempt to be clear and focused on the subject matter at hand and stuff maybe, well, that refers to HC , yes "here" is at myself and , here , that is HC, or a location that is not at "here". That of that is how I do that with that at now at here from "here" at now actually.. ya it is that of that from "here" about here.

olo

fml

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Having lived with it for a few months, I would point out one down side. I find the output to be very low. That wouldn't be a problem for recording but trying to get sounds out of a low volume amp is hard when the actual guitar drowns out the amplified sound. My output level is noticeably lower than a single coil in my Baja Tele. I wonder if there's an adjustment somewhere for that.

I stand by what I said earlier. I love the feel. It's a nice $2000 couch guitar :D. I still haven't got my recording setup dialed in but I will definitely have to see how it sounds direct into my interface.

• Members
Having lived with it for a few months, I would point out one down side. I find the output to be very low. That wouldn't be a problem for recording but trying to get sounds out of a low volume amp is hard when the actual guitar drowns out the amplified sound. My output level is noticeably lower than a single coil in my Baja Tele. I wonder if there's an adjustment somewhere for that.

I stand by what I said earlier. I love the feel. It's a nice $2000 couch guitar :D. I still haven't got my recording setup dialed in but I will definitely have to see how it sounds direct into my interface.

Thanks for the update. I will probably never own own but still find it quite interesting. It should be a good studio guitar .

• Members

Normally I'd suggest raising the pickup to get more output but it doesn't look like that's possible. Maybe a clean boost pedal?

Archived