NAMM soon ...

bieke

• Members

I am not really much of a pedal guy, but I would love to try out the superfuzz/Octavio combo.

I bought a bunch of the ‘90s? Danolectro effects boxes ( the ones that had the 1950’s look and colors) @ a Flea Market for 5 bucks a pop...kinda blah, but they have a nice vintage look.

I think they were from the ‘Diner’ series...a few didn’t work, but one called ‘French Toast’ had a nice enough sound.

Roger That about the enclosure in the Teaser pic..looks cool 😎

B-Man, are you going to NAMM this year?

yeah, the French Toast was one of the good ones, and I also liked the little yellow Tuna Melt tremolo of the food series

I also like the CoolCat Fuzz (Peachfuzz clone) and TOD v1 ( a Timmy clone)

haven't tried the Billionaire series (haven't seen these in the local shops)

anyway, no NAMM trip for me now or in the near future, it's on my bucket list but I don't think I can ever justify the $$$

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Godin will show the Multiac Steel acoustic.

Based on the design of the Multiac Doyle Dykes Signature, the Steel delivers authentic acoustic sounds with zero feedback. It’s equipped with a custom-voiced LR Baggs Electronic system, with the ability to blend an LB6 under-saddle transducer with a Lyric internal microphone, while there’s also a Seymour Duncan Lipstick pickup, which can be introduced via volume and tone knobs.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"tdG9a3LWR6ZmWM6CwJr8Wi-970-80.jpg","data-attachmentid":32453616}[/ATTACH]

• Members

NEXI Industries introduces the NEXI ELECTRIC, a powered pedal-board especially voiced for electric guitars

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"NEXI-Electric-2-1-696x696.png","data-attachmentid":32453623}[/ATTACH]

• Members

New little amp from Markbass

Little Mark Vintage

Some specs:

Tube Preamp

Limiter Control

4-Band-EQ

Balanced DI-Out

3-Way-Switch for 3 EQ-Presets

Mute- switch (footswitchable)

MPT (Mark Proprietary Technology) power amplifier

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"csm_Markbass_LittleMarkVintage_37d66e35f9.jpg","data-attachmentid":32453630}[/ATTACH]

• Members

furthermore, Markbass now also offers its own line of bass strings

and has a Markbass Onboard-Preamp „MB Instrument Pre“ and „MB Octaver Raw Series“ minipedal

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"csm_Markbass_InstrumentPre_OctaverRaw_09c664d9e3.jpg","data-attachmentid":32453633}[/ATTACH]

• Members

Neunaber Audio brings the Neuron, a versatile guitar preamp, cab sim, compressor, noise gate, presets and MIDI in a compact pedal

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"neunaber-neuron-730x352.jpg","data-attachmentid":32453635}[/ATTACH]

• Members

maybe Korg Gadget 2 will be ready for NAMM, Memphis (MS10 - MS 20 inspired), Pompei (Polysix-Look) and Durban (MIDI out controller) and Tuipei (bass effect processor) shown here, but notice soething vague in the background …

edit : 2 new gadgets in the works, scheduled release date is February 2019

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tkorg-gadget-2-730x730.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t121.6 KB ID:\t32453639","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32453639","data-size":"full","title":"korg-gadget-2-730x730.jpg"}[/ATTACH]

• Members

Sphero Specdrums: These app-enabled rings let you turn a pad of colored squares into an instrument. The rings connect to an app on your phone and then you can can assign instrumental sounds to the colored squares. Each time you tap a square with the ring, it will make that sound in the app. The product began as a Kickstarter campaign and was acquired by robotics company Sphero in June 2018 and will be at NAMM.

[video=youtube;3916TgLt2v8]

• Members

Ciari Guitars’ The Ascender Premium Travel Guitar: Created by a Loma Linda inventor, this guitar can be folded symmetrically and can fit in a backpack or under a plane seat. The strings of the guitar follow the fold so they don’t get damaged. This was already at NAMM last year but apparantly they improved the design, can't find a pic of the new one, so here's the older one, and then we'll see what they bring to NAMM

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"DmAyEUtV4AAFoil.jpg","data-attachmentid":32453643}[/ATTACH]

• Members

Music.iLuv App: This app for iPhones and iPads is intended is intended to keep kids excited about music. It allows them to make music in an augmented reality environment and share videos of that with their friends. The app has pitch detection technology, detects mistakes as they happen and is able to provide feedback.

[video=youtube;gnwCgVoVnss]

• Members

The Aston Stealth Microphone: This condensed microphone boasts broadcast level quality for being in the music studio or on stage, and a variety of voice and sound settings. It was developed by a panel of more than 90 audio experts.

[video=youtube;btp8gXUuU3s]

• Members

Billie Joe Armstrong showed fans a Dookie-themed MXR guitar pedal with the caption: “Anyone going to NAMM?”

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Green-Day-Dookie-guitar-pedal-NAMM_4ebf62eb0b1d8fb7d4a9dd8bb04f2b32.jpg","data-attachmentid":32453648}[/ATTACH]

• Members

new Kurzweil products for NAMM include

KD1S, a nine-piece electronic drum set with 31 factory-installed drum kits

KST300A, a portable, rechargeable, combo-style amplifier with a built-in four-channel mixer

UNiTE-2, a USB 2.0 bus-powered interface with combination XLR-1/4" inputs

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"namm-2019-3_kurzweil_unite-2_two-channel_usb_2.0_audio_interface.jpg","data-attachmentid":32453653}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"ts-namm-2019-kurzweill.jpg?itok=p2qrzoMM.jpg","data-attachmentid":32453652}[/ATTACH]

• Members

Takamine usually has a limited edition acoustic for NAMM, this time, it has a Moon theme

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"21592-01172019111555.jpg","data-attachmentid":32453658}[/ATTACH]

[video=youtube;LTXTLVIMoIU]

• Members

TV Jones booth will show Grez Guitars Mendocino and *RAYGUN'59 Class A 15watt amp. Uses 2 6V6s, or EL34s, or 6L6s, no biasing necessary, just swap them in. Tube trem and tube reverb. A perfect marriage of vintage vox and vintage fender.

[video=youtube;-Mt8Rk9aDmg]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2F26730698_811014795773523_2074724181422797519_n .jpg%3F_nc_cat%3D108%26_nc_ht%3Dscontent-lax3-1.xx%26oh%3D046e41934dce6d60d2b34bc296a2cc55%26oe% 3D5D00BDF9&hash=ffd1efa6b697afecc57aad3c8711d9e0.jpg","data-attachmentid":32453663}[/ATTACH]

• Members

MODAL SKULPT SYNTH is an all-new 4 voice polyphonic synthesizer from MODAL ELECTRONICS. With its 32 oscillators, the SKULPT is a super powerful desktop synthesizer.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"modal-skulpt-synth-803235.jpg","data-attachmentid":32453695}[/ATTACH]

[video=youtube;Ll7BA2Atuss]

• Members

yeah, the French Toast was one of the good ones, and I also liked the little yellow Tuna Melt tremolo of the food series

I also like the CoolCat Fuzz (Peachfuzz clone) and TOD v1 ( a Timmy clone)

haven't tried the Billionaire series (haven't seen these in the local shops)

anyway, no NAMM trip for me now or in the near future, it's on my bucket list but I don't think I can ever justify the $$$

Well, your coverage of gear to be displayed at NAMM is phenomenal here on these pages...

I can’t stop looking, sooo many cool things, was up to 3am looking at the pics and then doing research up on the webs to see what info was available.

Thanks Bieke, this is really appreciated. 👍

• Members

Voltage Modular by Cherry Audio was one of the best Synthesizer plug-ins in 2018. For the NAMM 2019, the developers released version 1.2 which makes the plugin even more exciting.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Voltage-Modular-1.2-1024x544.jpg","data-attachmentid":32453736}[/ATTACH]

• Members

Antelope Audio headed to NAMM 2019 with an USB Edge mic?

3D model of what appears to be a brand new Antelope Audio microphone with USB connectivity – a first for the company. Allegedly, the pro audio manufacturer plans to introduce it at NAMM 2019 next week.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"new-antelope-audio-usb-microphone-770x425.jpg","data-attachmentid":32453739}[/ATTACH]

• Members

Alesis will show a new Turbo Mesh kit at NAMM

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"csm_NAMM_2019_Alesis_Turbo_Mesh_Kit1_News_40cbe4b71b_902ee17a14.png","data-attachmentid":32453741}[/ATTACH]

Archived