Slippery microphones

• Members

I am running an Audix i5 on my snare, and the mic keeps slipping in it's clip - what's an easy, ideally non-destructive, method to stop the mic from slipping?

I'm using the D-Vice holders off the drum, with the i5 clip...after playing a while, I'll find the mic has slid down to where the mic is sitting against my snare's batter head.

Thank you!

EDIT - maybe something like this would be OK?

http://www.autobarn.net/safety-tread.html

• Members

I'm not quite sure how the mic could be moving in the clip. I use an Audix i5 on my snare (top) and I've never had movement. I'd suggest a new clip, something "soft" and "pliable" instead of those terrible hard plastic ones. The only time my mic ever moves is the d-vice on the rim (I have it hooked to the bottom rim instead of the top). but, i account for the slant of my snare drum and place it next to a tension lug...problem solved!

• Members

I'm not quite sure how the mic could be moving in the clip. I use an Audix i5 on my snare (top) and I've never had movement. I'd suggest a new clip, something "soft" and "pliable" instead of those terrible hard plastic ones. The only time my mic ever moves is the d-vice on the rim (I have it hooked to the bottom rim instead of the top). but, i account for the slant of my snare drum and place it next to a tension lug...problem solved!

Simple, I play like a 900lb gorilla. Vibration from rimshots make the mic slip a tiny bit.

Archived