An OM for Danocoustic

Freeman Keller

• Members

Finally back. I notice my protagonist got half the time off I got, but whatever,

Freeman---AWESOME. That's a way overused word in the modern lexicon but it's apt for my feelings about this build. I am in awe. You have met and exceeded my expectations. I cannot WAIT to hold it in my hands!

Thank you so much :)

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The same guy who said that also called one of his closest friends "Satan" in a moment of anger so apparently it's appropriate to judge someone at times. And incidentally, somehow I manage to stay out of HCPP and I manage to keep from getting banned in spite of considerable provocation. Would that Dano could do the same. I also manage to keep from derailing other people's threads over personal vendettas so there's that too.

It would be best for you to leave the personal comments about other forum members out of the discussion please... :cop:

• Members

It would be best for you to leave the personal comments about other forum members out of the discussion please... :cop:

EDIT: No more.

I sincerely apologize to the forum that this nonsense happened in this thread. It doesn't belong here and I regret that it's here.

Freeman has done an outstanding job here and we're fortunate that he's willing to share it with us. I am grateful.

Now quit playing my guitar and send it to me :D

• Members
Took some glamour photos for my records (Dano will get a thumb drive with all the pictures on it)

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":32517074}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":32517075}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":32517076}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":32517077}[/ATTACH]

this is a thing of beauty... its obvious that wood loves your touch...

• Members

EDIT: No more.

I sincerely apologize to the forum that this nonsense happened in this thread. It doesn't belong here and I regret that it's here.

Freeman has done an outstanding job here and we're fortunate that he's willing to share it with us. I am grateful.

Now quit playing my guitar and send it to me :D

"likes" are worth nothing when the judgmental sh*t-talker is allowed to continue talking his sh*t even after I've tried to back it off.

I'm sorry you guys but I'm done dealing with the petty tyranny here on HC. It just gets worse & worse. My ass gets jumped every day by lame-asses like this Deep End and Phil lets him do it. If I respond in kind, I get banned. F*ck this nonsense.

If I still have a voice here in a month or so, I'll let you know what I think of this guitar.

If not, whatever. Enjoy the sh*t-talkers who skirt their way around the holy TOS and don't get banned.

I honestly have better things to do.

"likes" are worth nothing when the judgmental sh*t-talker is allowed to continue talking his sh*t even after I've tried to back it off.

He was warned and dropped it... I’d suggest you do the same, and instead, focus on that incredible guitar Freeman built for you.

• Members

He was warned and dropped it... I’d suggest you do the same, and instead, focus on that incredible guitar Freeman built for you.

Like hell he dropped it. He's posted more of the same since I TRIED to back off. Innuendo and inference. Is that all it takes to get around the rules?

Don't give me this crap. I don't care about your suggestions anymore.

Like hell he dropped it. He's posted more of the same since I TRIED to back off. Innuendo and inference. Is that all it takes to get around the rules?

Don't give me this crap. I don't care about your suggestions anymore.

He hasn’t posted in this thread since I issued the warning Dan.

• Members

He hasn’t posted in this thread since I issued the warning Dan.

No he hasn't.

He's carried on on OJ as if he owns the place.

From what I can see, he pretty much does.

I would be banned for the same, since I'm under your microscope now.

That's not my job. I'm not the HCPD.

Then don't complain. If you want it handled, then please let me know where he's doing something that is in violation of the rules. I'm not going to spend all afternoon hunting for it if you can't be bothered to click on the flag button to bring it to my attention Dan. :philpalm:

• Members

Then don't complain. If you want it handled, then please let me know where he's doing something that is in violation of the rules. I'm not going to spend all afternoon hunting for it if you can't be bothered to click on the flag button to bring it to my attention Dan. :philpalm:

He came into this thread and slagged me to hell and gone when I was absent (for WHATEVER reason).

Tell me you weren't aware of it.

He has slagged me on OJ both when I was there and when I was not and I KNOW you were aware of that.

Yet you chose to criticize my character as if you were my parent or some sh*t. Just who do you think you are?

This is a small place that is suffering for participants. Your brand of petty CRAP does not foster anyone's desire to participate. You play obvious favorites and enforce your "rules" totally arbitrarily. I could cite many who choose to no longer participate because of it.

I once respected you. No more.

Don't tell me what to complain about---you haven't the authority. Do your damned job. You get paid for it. I don't.

He came into this thread and slagged me to hell and gone when I was absent (for WHATEVER reason).

Tell me you weren't aware of it.

Frankly, I wasn't.

He has slagged me on OJ both when I was there and when I was not and I KNOW you were aware of that.

And he was told to knock it off.

Yet you chose to criticize my character as if you were my parent or some sh*t. Just who do you think you are?

I didn't criticize your character. I pointed out where your actions were in violation of the site rules. And who am I to do that? I'm the SITE ADMIN - it's my job to enforce the rules of the site. So if you're going to post here, and you're going to continue to break the rules, then you darned well are going to have to get used to it, because I am NOT going to stop.

Again, if you don't like it - leave. I'm tired of giving you allowances and extra consideration - and believe me, you've received plenty of both. Follow the rules or go away. Your choice.

• Members

Frankly, I wasn't.

And he was told to knock it off.

I didn't criticize your character. I pointed out where your actions were in violation of the site rules. And who am I to do that? I'm the SITE ADMIN - it's my job to enforce the rules of the site. So if you're going to post here, and you're going to continue to break the rules, then you darned well are going to have to get used to it, because I am NOT going to stop.

Again, if you don't like it - leave. I'm tired of giving you allowances and extra consideration - and believe me, you've received plenty of both. Follow the rules or go away. Your choice.

NONSENSE. You have given others free reign to slag all over me. I regret bringing this into this thread, but your assertions are so outrageous, I have to answer.

"Allowances" my ass. You have banned me every time I've farted. You have let others sh*t all over me because some of my views aren't "popular". Deny it. "Extra consideration" when the one I'm in conflict with gets a month off and I get TWO? CRAP!!!

Don't protest your "fairness" to me, Mr. Admin. You're a petty tyrant. A Censor. A totally arbitrary enforcer of the rules. Your regime has turned Harmony Central into a place that many former regular posters now avoid. You've driven so many away from here---now I'm one too.

Piss off. I'm done with you.

NONSENSE. You have given others free reign to slag all over me. I regret bringing this into this thread, but your assertions are so outrageous, I have to answer.

That's blarney Dan. I have never failed to respond to a post you've flagged. Not once. And if you don't flag them, then don't assume I see all of them.

If you think I'm giving people "free reign" to slag on you, you're mistaken. Show us where I'm letting people do that. Got a few examples you can link to?

"Allowances" my ass. You have banned me every time I've farted.

That's also untrue Dan. Just one recent example: You started a call-out thread, but you weren't even warned for that aspect of it, much less banned for it.

You have let others sh*t all over me because some of my views aren't "popular". Deny it. "Extra consideration" when the one I'm in conflict with gets a month off and I get TWO? CRAP!!!

I already told you why you got two months. You had just gotten back from a temp ban for the same basic thing, and you almost immediately did it again.

As far as your views, I SHARE many of them. But that's irrelevant. The ONLY thing that matters to me is whether or not you follow the rules. Your opinions are not at issue here. It's not personal.

Don't protest your "fairness" to me, Mr. Admin. You're a petty tyrant. A Censor. A totally arbitrary enforcer of the rules. Your regime has turned Harmony Central into a place that many former regular posters now avoid. You've driven so many away from here---now I'm one too.

Piss off. I'm done with you.

Then leave.

Oh, and on any other site, an admin would permaban you in an instant for comments like those, so don't tell me you haven't been given lots of allowances Dan.

• Members

Freeman, I'm sorry. You too, Dano. This build thread should have been a time of justifiable pride for Freeman and a time of unutterable joy for Dano. Instead, I took all that and pissed on it. I wish I could undo the harm I've done but I can't.I consider myself fortunate I haven't been banned because I deserve it. I should never have allowed my attitude toward Dano to infect this thread and I'm truly sorry.

• Members

Chill pills, anyone?

There's a mighty fine build in these posts and I'd like to get an ear on it one day if possible. Well done Freeman.

One thing I want to ask you, Freeman, involves focused time and space time. We here know the space time it took you by looking at the dates of your posts. I suppose some time is lost in them but you probably kept it pretty current. If you focused on it and worked it like a day job about how long would the start-to-finish work have taken?

• Members

If you focused on it and worked it like a day job about how long would the start-to-finish work have taken?

I have never really counted the hours and I wouldn't want to. But I think that if I had all the materials at hand, the shop was warm and I dedicated a full day each day I could probably build the box in two weeks, maybe less, maybe more. There is no way to speed up the finish, its going to take three weeks or more but thats also not a full day, maybe a half. I had a cluster at the end of this that cost me another week, mostly redoing some finish.

I had the advantage on this one that the molds and jigs were all made, sometimes that takes as long as the actual building. And another advantage was that all the materials were on hand - I didn't have to wait for a brown truck with something I forgot.

Every time I try to rush something it takes me longer. Good thing this is a hobby.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

The brown truck brought my new guitar yesterday :cool:

What a beauty! Bravo, Freeman, excellent job. Very, VERY happy with it. Many thanks.

...and now for the bad news. Shipping damage. Two cracks in the face. About soundhole level, near the outer edge. Each about 3" long. Treble side may just be finish, but bass side is definitely into the spruce. It was boxed, padded and in a Martin hardshell case---no way Freeman was at fault here AT ALL---it had to take one helluva blow to do that.

Researching my options.Will contact UPS today.

These cracks don't really interfere with anything. The guitar plays beautifully and sounds great (for a brand new acoustic, know what I mean). Very even balanced tone, good sharp attack, not a lot of sustain---which is exactly what I was after. The craftsmanship is top-drawer, really beautifully done.

FK Lutherie gets :thu:

UPS gets sm-censored

Archived