Christmas dobro

Freeman Keller

• Members
The old Duolian was basking in the glow of the tree

IMG_1746_zpsd48f7c09.jpg

I have a simular Dobro. It's been with me for 30 years or so.

Mine has a 10.5" cone. Which is probably less desirable than the 9.5" cone. A little warmer and a little less whiny.

Dan said he had one and sent it back. My 33H came from Elderly Music via OMI in California.

There's nothing wrong with my cone, but I was going order a Mike Replogle cone, just to have it on hand. I'd have to find out years from now, no American manufactures made a cone, and all that was left in the world was MIC stuff.

I also have a Dobro model F60 woodie, which I picked up for a song and dance, from a shop in TN. It's a round neck and nobody in TN wanted a round neck woodie. I don't have any pic of the F60, made by Gibson.

I in recent years played a few newer Nationals. They are nice, but the necks were really fat. I was thinking I needed the rawness of a steel body single cone. Cool sound, and less refined than the bell brass.

Your's looks lovely under the glow of Christmas lights.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Dobro 33Ha.jpg","data-attachmentid":32424218}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Dobr 33Hc.jpg","data-attachmentid":32424219}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Dobro 33Hd.jpg","data-attachmentid":32424220}[/ATTACH]

Archived