RCF 310, 312, 315 not discontinued

• Members

Just an FYI - I was talking to the place I buy my RCF from and was told that the 310, 312, & 315 were not discontinued and that they just lowered the price with the release of the 400 series. I then went to the RCF site and confirmed that, while the 322, 325, 522, & 525 are now listed as "Archived Products", the 31X series is still a current product. The rep said they found a way to produce them at a lower cost. I have no idea what that means specifically. Heck, maybe they started clearing them out and realized they were worth keeping around as they are a quality product at a price point nobody else can get to for the quality of the box. On paper the SPL output is on par with a Yorkville NX55P or Mackie SRM450v2.

Street prices are:

RCF 310A ~$400 shipped (27 lbs / 127 dB SPL)

RCF 312A ~$450 shipped (42 lbs / 127 dB SPL)

RCF 315A ~$500 shipped (44 lbs / 128 dB SPL)

FWIW, I just picked up another 310A. They make excellent monitors.

• Members

I believe Mr. Abzurd and I buy our RCF components from the same dealer. As far as I can tell, it's all drop-shipped from RCF. There probably are some dealers that have some components in stock, but my hunch is most dealers will have the components drop-shipped either direct from RCF or from a wholesale distribution company. RCF doesn't have a huge presence in the good 'ole USA, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a good dealer to pop up in your neck of the woods.

• Members

I've gotten most of my RCF cabinets from RMCAudiodirect. Sometimes it's drop shipped and sometimes it's in stock. In the case of the 310A's, and I'm assuming the 312A and 315A, they are in stock. He said he's sold several 312A's in the last few weeks. Pricing wise, MAP is listed, but they have a 10% "coupon code". For higher priced items the discount % is greater. They also have higher discounts on many microphones and headphones.

I can tell you that 3 yrs ago service stunk. I had a problem with a 522A speaker and it was not taken care of efficiently by the ONLY authorized repair shop in the USA. Once I elevated it to RCF USA they had a new amp module shipped to me within 48 hours so there was a happy ending. In the time since then there are now several service centers throughout the USA.

• Members

Abzurd-

Quick question--do the 310As have handles on the top? Only side shots on their site.

These might be fine for my digital piano and vocal (Jazz context). I just need a little bigger sound then the 8"s on the TT08As. And for the price ?! Jeez, seems like it would be tough to beat.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

• Members

Abzurd-

Quick question--do the 310As have handles on the top? Only side shots on their site.

Thanks.

Actually they only have 1 handle and it's on the top. Makes it a bit akward to stand mount, but we use them as monitors.

As for it they'd be better than the TT08A, gosh I don't know about that. Yes, it's an 8" speaker, but it's also has to be one of the best 8" speakers in production at nearly $1200 each. The specs say it puts out 1 dB more than the 310A.

• Members

I would guess that the 310's will have better bottom maybe mid's but what about the top end? Just a thought.

Dave, if your interested in trying my K10's out someday give me a PM and I will give you my cell phone number. Im in OC but dont mind the drive.

• Members

Hey thanks Stix for your generous offer. After I see what's new on the EV front at NAMM, talk to the RCF guys some more, I'll probably get something to augment what I have--just not sure what though.

I'd really like to somehow hear the RCF 710As or 712As--I'm in touch with the LA reps and hopefully they can get it together with RCF to leave a few samples here after NAMM to demo. It's like moving heaven and earth to hear any of their stuff.

But I've always been very curious to hear those K10s.

Archived