Questions about rhythm in 2/2 ???

Misha

• Members

I want to learn to play Drops of Jupiter on the Piano as well as on the guitar. It's in 2/2 and it says that:

[img2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/www.harmonycentral.com\/forum\/filedata\/fetch?filedataid=143690&type=thumb"}[/img2]

1 -How do we count ? (I know that I should know but I don't...)

2- Do you know a good book that would teach me how to count most rhythms and know where are the accents?

3- Do you know any good apps for Android, PC or IOS (I have a Mini Ipad 4) ?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Better image:

Edit 2: Link to official video: [video=youtube_share;7Xf-Lesrkuc]

Link to acoustic live version: [video=youtube_share;XEMXwM8ApVM]

b25f1b4ae20de9529d82c4fb67cf3d24.png.970c73a052ff6c4c3f6a7f520e824b5d.png

ba099e21e120518a1d8f11bb5903a0f2.thumb.jpg.7877e0d62ce6653cfc9d6baf6afe3144.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The 2 = 3 part is a metric modulation and not quite appropriate. The second half of that picture indicates that the 2 eighths are swung like triplets. Regular swing in other words. This is correct. The vocals and accents in the piano part sit like that while most of the other parts are in rock 4.

• Members

Thank's Mikeo!

That's the first sheet music that I found but it got me confused with the "C Barré" and the " 1 = 1.5 "

https://www.harmonycentral.com/forum...otoid=32412819

And then, the teacher who told me it was in 4/4... But actually, it does seem to work if I count it in 4/4. I'll just go with that!

I also found this sheet music who says it's a swing in 4/4. I really think I need to learn more theory! smiley-frustrated

Maybe both sheets are good and maybe they refer to different versions (acoustic vs official) ??? Well, let's learn a bit of theory... It shouldn't hurt me!

4d68ef9e646e6dad839bc2ca188a1f45.thumb.png.407f5929acbee1978aa666cb7900605b.png

• Members
Thank's Mikeo!

That's the first sheet music that I found but it got me confused with the "C Barré" and the " 1 = 1.5 "

https://www.harmonycentral.com/forum...otoid=32412819

And then, the teacher who told me it was in 4/4... But actually, it does seem to work if I count it in 4/4. I'll just go with that!

I also found this sheet music who says it's a swing in 4/4. I really think I need to learn more theory! smiley-frustrated

Maybe both sheets are good and maybe they refer to different versions (acoustic vs official) ??? Well, let's learn a bit of theory... It shouldn't hurt me!

Good luck with the sing.

I like sheet music myself. I learned to read music for the guitar when I first started playing.

Anyway, I saw Train many many years ago and they were excellent in concert. Pat Monahan is a really good singer.

Archived