Fun little project on the bench

Danocoustic

• Members

My brother found a stripped Yamaha Tele-style body and neck at an estate sale for a few bucks, bought them and gave them to me.

The neck is maple with a rosewood board. Semi Strat style headstock. No nut or tuners. Frets aren't much worn---could use a good polish---and it's straight with no twist. There's a small chip on the fretboard between the nut and 1st fret on the treble side. Decent finish.

The body (alder, looks like) has a fair amount of dings and scratches. It's cut for two humbuckers, rear-mounted switch and pots (I'll have to fab a cover plate), and a hardtail string-through bridge.

I think I have everything I need to make this work. I do repair, set-up and mod work, so I have lots of take-offs and spares. Tuners, nut material, neck plate and bolts, pickups, bezels, pots, caps, knobs, switch, jack, bridge, ferrules---should be all set.

So far all I've done is apply some Elmer's wood filler to the worst of the body blemishes. Planning to give it a rattle can finish. Not going to invest too much or go too crazy on that, but I'll make it look decent.

I'll try to get some pics up soon.

• Members

The simple way I resize pictures is to open them with plain old Paint (not 3D), click the resize button, select one of the direction buttons, enter a new value (I've found that most of the images out of my camera are about 3.5M, if I enter 25 in the horizontal direction they come out about 500K which is perfect). Save and it replaces the old one, upload it and it works perfectly.

I have come to hate Photobucket so much that while its a big hassle to resize photos in the long run its much better.

Looking forward to seeing your project.

Archived