New Books - Craig Anderton and Phil O'Keefe!

• Members

Both these guys are way to modest to say anything about this themselves, so I have to start a post about it to even get a little back story as to how this came about. Harmony Central is very proud that these guys would be published with such a great name as Hal Leonard.

So guys - what's the scoop?

NEW INSTALLMENTS IN THE MUSICIAN'S GUIDE TO HOME RECORDING

D

• Members

Well thanks for mentioning the books :) Actually this is the first announcement I've seen about the next five books in the series (three are already out, about applying EQ, audio interfaces, and recording vocals). So that's good news!

Anyway, Phil and I collaborated on the mic book. As y'all know Phil knows a whole lot about mics, and I don't know anything...but I know how to edit books and get them published. Since the series needed a mic book, Phil provided the bulk of the material, I added some of my own info, did the editing, and submitted it to Hal Leonard. They liked it, so now Phil is the first person to collaborate on the "Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series.

For what it's worth, after doing the book, I no longer know nothing about mics...in fact I did a workshop on microphone basics at the Between the Waves conference in Madison based on the book, and I'm encouraging Phil to do the same. The dude knows a lot!!!

• Members
Nice. I'm looking forward to checking out these books sometime.

When and where will they be available?

I have links for the softcover and electronic versions in the News and Products tab at craiganderton.com. The Mic book isn't for sale yet, should be done any day now...they had to re-do the print version because there was a binding problem.

The book on Mixing will be out next, it's the longest at 200 pages. Next up is the Amp Sim book. I'm told all 8 books done so far will be out by NAMM.

Thanks for your interest!

Archived