A cool new acoustic from.... Fender?

Phil O'Keefe

• Members
I know they don't have the greatest of reputations for their acoustic guitars, but I was pleasantly surprised by the Fender Redondo Classic acoustic...

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"redondo-classic-main-d871753a.jpg","data-attachmentid":32408805}[/ATTACH]

For all the details, check out my full review:

https://www.harmonycentral.com/expert-reviews/fender-redondo-classic

As always, if you have any questions or comments about the guitar or the review, feel free to post them here. :wave:

When I saw the guy in the video below your review, I wondered if you had found the Fountain of Long and Flowing Locks, then I saw it was Aaron Lee Tasjan, who I first heard this week in a Bluegrass Underground show. He's worth checking out. Bluegrass Underground is not restricted to bluegrass, and Aaron is more rock than grass.

I've always liked Fender's straight pull strings, which can also be found on Ovations, just with three tuners per side. No bad rap on Gibson and Taylor, but the physics are better with straight pull strings.

• Members
. . . I've always liked Fender's straight pull strings' date=' which can also be found on Ovations, just with three tuners per side. No bad rap on Gibson and Taylor, but the physics are better with straight pull strings.[/quote']

Seagull and Takamine also make some effort toward straight pull headstocks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I have 3 Fender acoustics [in addition to Martin HD-35, 000-18, Gibson Advanced Jumbo, Taylor GS Mini and baby T. Swift and a few others cheapo models recording king etc.]

I think they are all very good

1. a Vince Ray model with cool graphics on the front the "Guitar Monster From Outer Space" which I believe I posted a picture in the acoustic section a while back. Most everyone hated it, but I love guitars with wild graphics on them.

2. the Ron Emory Loyalty Parlor which I just love, butterscotch color all laminate but still sounds great! I don't have to worry too much about the humidity on this baby. really nice player. bought it and the vince ray model from Truetone in Santa Monica when they had a Fender sale and were blowing these out. Both are now out of production

3 Fender nylon thinline. CN-140. about $300 I think and very nice. acoustic and electric thinner neck

Archived