Sign in to follow this  
tuco

Got a gigantic ass 4K TV today

65 incher, didn't spring for the OLED or QLED, so I saved $$$ :cool2: [IMG]https://media.giphy.com/media/UR1A9tqUiiktq/giphy.gif[/IMG] Needed it really....the Netflix and Amazon home screens were too hard to read from across the room..:bangheadonwall: Edited by tuco

Happy New TV Day!

+Yeah, sure, I could've said that...I would have liked to have said that ....I don't enjoy having to be honest in this instance. Sometimes truth is unkind... much easier just to have blinders t on blinders and agree with everyones choice no matter what- Happy new guitar/tv/ amp/ whatever day. ..yeah, no.

Sucky crap isnt worth the money, it never is. A man has to pay for his pleasure, unless like most here, it's just a hobby, then knock yourself out with your cheap gear.Me?; I take it far too seriously to waste time and money on garbage., and now that OLED is out, a standard 4k TV is just about that. I draw a parallel to someone who still bought a VCR after they had introduced the DVD.

Edited by Balthazar Munoz

^ tahts pathetic, you don't even know what you are missing, fortunately(?!) for people like you , you couldn't even care less. People such as you go through life content as sheep with their mediocre crap, and its really a travesty.They couldn't tell a 59 Les Puaul and a 70 superlead from the junk they play, it just doesn't register, because they have no sense of the finer gear, it would be wasted on them anyhow.

Edited by Balthazar Munoz

^ tahts pathetic' date=' you don't even know what you are missing, fortunately(?!) for people like you , you couldn't even care less. People such as you go through life content as sheep with their mediocre crap, and its really a travesty.They couldn't tell a 59 Les Puaul and a 70 superlead from the junk they play, it just doesn't register, because they have no sense of the finer gear, it would be wasted on them anyhow.[/quote']

It's a big jump in picture quality from what I had, and didn't cost a fortune.:cool2:

I'd feel like a sucker paying thousands for a TV or a guitar.:rolleyes2:

You were complaining about never going anywhere, you could afford to

if you didn't have such highfalutin tastes. :wave:

Happy New TV Day. :thu: We're still making do with a 27" screen. :(

Mine was 44, but still......baby-dance

+Yeah, sure, I could've said that...I would have liked to have said that ....I don't enjoy having to be honest in this instance. Sometimes truth is unkind... much easier just to have blinders t on blinders and agree with everyones choice no matter what- Happy new guitar/tv/ amp/ whatever day. ..yeah, no.

Sucky crap isnt worth the money, it never is. A man has to pay for his pleasure, unless like most here, it's just a hobby, then knock yourself out with your cheap gear.Me?; I take it far too seriously to waste time and money on garbage., and now that OLED is out, a standard 4k TV is just about that. I draw a parallel to someone who still bought a VCR after they had introduced the DVD.

Dood, I stared t them all side by side right there in Costco.

Sure, the OLED and QLED TVs were better.

Just not $1,000+ better...

Just like you couldn't tell a LP that cost $500 from one that cost $5K blindfolded, and you know it.

Edited by tuco
  • Like 1

65 incher, didn't spring for the OLED or QLED, so I saved $$$ :cool2:

giphy.gif

Needed it really....the Netflix and Amazon home screens were too hard to read from across the room..:bangheadonwall:

Cheaper than a eye exam and new glasses.

I "settled" this past summer for a 43" LCD when the slightly bigger 49" OLED was only 3 hundred more. I regret it. I bought it for the spare bedroom/office/man cave so it's only a secondary TV. Frankly, the LCD version is mediocre. I should've sprung for the better/bigger set. Oh well. These things are made to only last a few years anyway.

Watch "The Conquerer"

John Wayne as Genghis Khan.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":32400712}[/ATTACH]

Pedro Amandarez and William Conrad as his brothers

Agnes Moorehead as his mom

Susan Hayward as his bride

Lee Van Cleef as the wizard.

I'm in the market for a 55"er. Having looked at the different models I do like the OLED picture better than the others but don't like the price. I'm waiting for the next price drop before I buy one.

Watch "The Conquerer"

John Wayne as Genghis Khan.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":32400712}[/ATTACH]

Pedro Amandarez and William Conrad as his brothers

Agnes Moorehead as his mom

Susan Hayward as his bride

Lee Van Cleef as the wizard.

Couple months with UHD and you'll need that hat.

Dood, I stared t them all side by side right there in Costco.

Sure, the OLED and QLED TVs were better.

Just not $1,000+ better...

Just like you couldn't tell a LP that cost $500 from one that cost $5K blindfolded, and you know it.

The point is you got the best TV value for you. If you're happy with your purchase, then you've made the best choice, regardless of other features or factors.

^ tahts pathetic' date=' you don't even know what you are missing, fortunately(?!) for people like you , you couldn't even care less. People such as you go through life content as sheep with their mediocre crap, and its really a travesty.They couldn't tell a 59 Les Puaul and a 70 superlead from the junk they play, it just doesn't register, because they have no sense of the finer gear, it would be wasted on them anyhow.[/quote']

Or perhaps our values are different from yours. Perhaps money not spent on a big TV is money that can go to Doctors Without Borders or similar worthwhile outlets. Maybe my self worth isn't dependent on the size of my TV or the speed of my car or the price of my gear. Or perhaps I simply don't need an enormous phallus substitute hanging on my living room wall. Regardless of screen the vast majority of what's on TV, whether broadcast or cable, is--oh, what's the word?--mediocre crap. The lack of quality just doesn't register for some folks because they have no sense of finer films/television. It would be wasted on them anyhow. For the vast majority of programming, having a bigger TV is equivalent to eating a better grade of manure. The stuff I watch is assorted pleasant diversions and I have no delusions that it's great cinematic art. Frankly, I doubt you could tell a 59 Les Paul (note correct spelling) and a 70 Super Lead blindfolded but it's nice that you think so. For my part, I'm a mediocre rhythm guitarist and songwriter and I don't need better gear to get the job done. Have a nice day and enjoy your false sense of superiority. :)

Edited by DeepEnd
  • Like 2

Some good points. A TV with a clearer, better, or magnificent display will not improve the content of what is being broadcast or streamed.

I come from a more thrifty perspective than many. I usually don't chase technology, as it is poor value and a poor use of money. I make a point of making every dollar count, as it's hard to make a buck. So my purchases, outside of necessities for daily living, are given a lot of thought, usually over long periods of analyzing options. I do make a few exceptions though. Occasionally, there is a blow out sale on something of good or high quality, and I might go for it. ... . .but that's the exception.

Have fun with that. Two years ago I bought the same thing, with the hi-rez, but I don't watch TV and rarely have the patience to sit through a movie. Got it to placate my wife. There was one day when I thought I'd catch a youtube of something I enjoy. Realized I didn't know how to use the thing and that was about a year ago, right after I turned my company owned android cell phone in because I couldn't be bothered. I'm not a ludite, I just don't want to be counted in the number of people nose-ringed into the personal electronics cult.

Or perhaps our values are different from yours. Perhaps money not spent on a big TV is money that can go to Doctors Without Borders or similar worthwhile outlets. Maybe my self worth isn't dependent on the size of my TV or the speed of my car or the price of my gear. Or perhaps I simply don't need an enormous phallus substitute hanging on my living room wall. Regardless of screen the vast majority of what's on TV, whether broadcast or cable, is--oh, what's the word?--mediocre crap. The lack of quality just doesn't register for some folks because they have no sense of finer films/television. It would be wasted on them anyhow. For the vast majority of programming, having a bigger TV is equivalent to eating a better grade of manure. The stuff I watch is assorted pleasant diversions and I have no delusions that it's great cinematic art. Frankly, I doubt you could tell a 59 Les Paul (note correct spelling) and a 70 Super Lead blindfolded but it's nice that you think so. For my part, I'm a mediocre rhythm guitarist and songwriter and I don't need better gear to get the job done. Have a nice day and enjoy your false sense of superiority. :)

I personally think TV sucks and don't own a widescreen TV.

I catch some local news and network news throughout the day.

NFL here and there. No Patriots this week.

I have a 40' Qled. Have had it for a few years now. Wife says 40" is it because it fits in the entertainment center we've had for 10 or so years now, and it sits perfectly in a particular corner and she has a lot of her doodads in it arranged just so. So I'm stuck with 40" screens and no larger I guess.

S'ok. That's big enough for me until my eyes go i guess.

Couple months with UHD and you'll need that hat.

aluminum foil hats( commonly called tin foil ) are cheap these days, perhaps necessary

John Wayne Gacy

Edited by nice keetee

65 incher, didn't spring for the OLED or QLED, so I saved $$$ :cool2:

giphy.gif

Needed it really....the Netflix and Amazon home screens were too hard to read from across the room..:bangheadonwall:

I actually watch TV about 13" when I watch original Star Trek re-runs many nights at 8pm loco time [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":32401122}[/ATTACH]

my DAW I would like to buy soon a big screen for increased real estate so I can place screen on wall

ergonomics etc, plus then I can see Spock's beard in HD smiley-happy

Yet, with all your expensive toys and gear and crap, you continuously post about how empty and unfulfilling your life is.

But go ahead, keep criticizing other folks' choices. Stay way up there on that high horse. Hope the drunken fall off isn't too painful.

Tuco, HNTVD. If you like it, it was a good choice :thu:

Yet, with all your expensive toys and gear and crap, you continuously post about how empty and unfulfilling your life is.

But go ahead, keep criticizing other folks' choices. Stay way up there on that high horse. Hope the drunken fall off isn't too painful.

Tuco, HNTVD. If you like it, it was a good choice :thu:

I'm not waiting till I'm dead to make purchases I wanted.

I'm not a big TV or movie watcher, so I don't need anything to fancy, or big, but if you do, now is the time to get it.

I got my wife a 55" Samsung last Christmas...it's a good size for our small living room. It's great for watching BAMA football...Roll Tide!!!!

I think the future of the TV viewing experience will be something like this. It will probably link wireless blue tooth. :idk: [h=1]92" Widescreen Virtual Video Glasses with HDMI and 3D[/h]

https://www.zetronix.com/92-inch-virtual-video-display-glasses-with-3d.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA597fBRCzARIsAHWby0HW0RwTw3xGumukCkmC6Om-xnz5Za8tbsSndfj5pykh7d1Fp1625AwaAn0qEALw_wcB

I went in the other direction and resurrected my 32" GE CRT garage TV. I got a Roku Express + for it, since it's compatible with a three wire composite connection. I did have to get a WiFi range extender though. The first Linksys extender wasn't powerful enough. So I returned that and got the next one up. It works great and now I have better WiFi connections throughout the house.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
I think the future of the TV viewing experience will be something like this. It will probably link wireless blue tooth. :idk:92" Widescreen Virtual Video Glasses with HDMI and 3D

https://www.zetronix.com/92-inch-vir...waAn0qEALw_wcB

The future will be virtual reality, Oculus Rift-type headsets only better.:philthumb:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"tumblr_ncbirwUeS91s0mbfho1_400.gif","data-attachmentid":32531393}[/ATTACH]

Edited by tuco

I settled for not having a TV at my house.

What did I miss for shows anything good?

I guess if you enjoy watching TV, you should have a nice TV.

• Like 1

Last Prime day I bought a 50 inch 4k Toshiba smart TV for $280. I could not resist.

I'm not a big television watcher. When I get up in the morning, I usually turn on the radio, but not the TV. That waits until my wife gets up. She has it on all the time. I don't think she's comfortable without it.

One time, many years ago, I was sitting, reading, in the quiet living room of my parents' house. My younger brother came home, turned on the TV, then went upstairs to his room. Annoyed, I turned the TV off. He then came back downstairs, turned it back on, and went back upstairs!

Some people just can't get by without it.

My sister is like that. She sleeps with the TV on all night in her bedroom. Weird.

Pictures of your sis.:D

Just kidding

My sister is like that. She sleeps with the TV on all night in her bedroom. Weird.

Does she wear fringe, too? :confused2:

She would beat me up, if I poasted pics of her.

Video of you getting beat up by your sister. :D

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Video of you getting beat up by your sister. :D

She would also beat up anyone she thought was looking at said pic.

I have pics of her and her girlfriends from the bike show last night, but I could not post them here, since they somehow managed to lose their tops. :D

Edited by Cornholio Farquarth III

She would also beat up anyone she thought was looking at said pic.

I have pics of her and her girlfriends from the bike show last night, but I could not post them here, since they somehow managed to lose their tops. :D

That's what PMs are for, innit?

Posted (edited)

I don't watch TV any more. It's just full of complete shíte

Edited by Mark L

I don't watch TV any more. It's just full of complete shíte

Yeah, we just watch Jeopardy and the news off of the antenna, everything else is Netflix/Amazon Prime

from the web, basically. Only got to see GOT on HBO because it comes with our phone bill for some reason.

When I had DISH, I was paying like $90 for crap I didn't want to watch anyway. The only thing that made

it bearable was the ability to skip commercials. Ads are the main reason I can't watch broadcast TV, that,

and the fact that it's all lame and insipid.

Interesting that you'd say that. A lot of people think that TV is better than it's ever been.

Interesting that you'd say that. A lot of people think that TV is better than it's ever been.

'A lot of people' are stupid

• Like 1

'A lot of people' are stupid

Funny, they said the same thing about you.