Keyboard software

mbengs1

• Members

No need to be insulting! The issue probably is with Cakewalk you need to learn to use it. You need to point it to the keyboard in your midi settings in Cakewalk. Then on a midi track you need to set the sound source, or Vst plugin to produce the sound. I don't have Cakewalk but there are videos on line:

And the there is documentation here: https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR&language=3&help=Introduction.20.html

There are standalone software synths and piano software you can try out. Most have demos:

Pianoteq, Addictive Keys, Native instruments Komplete to name a few.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I tried Cakewalk and found it unfriendly as hell. I suggest trying Reaper or Mixcraft (my DAW of choice); they both have free trials and are very inexpensive if you decide to buy.

• Members

Beng's has already stated he asks inane questions. I was just referring to that comment. Nuther thing, he had to change his account to ibanez rg guy or something because his login doesn't work and he gets no response from the reset password thing. that's the last I heard of him.

• Members
You've gotten increasingly cruel and rude. I know this season can be tough for some' date=' but being horrible under the cloak of anonymity is no way to be a man. Plugins are exactly what I use. [/quote']

You got it backwards. I SUGGESTED plugins. And read my response to Phil. Bengs is more 'n likely trolling. This guy Bill showed up out the blue to hassle me about not appreciating lab band. If you ask me, people like that, you too now, are the ones on anonymous shenninnygens.

Get it right before you butt in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Midi is acontrol protocol. To record the sound of the keyboard you have to patch the audio out of the keyboard to an audio input on your audio interface. Typically you just record the midi data on a midi track while the key board out put is patched to your playback system. That way you can edi the midi data and correct any mistakes and remove ghost note and such before recording the sound to an audio track.

Archived