Playing Bass Again

mikesr1963

• Members

I got a 2i2 a while back and have recorded some guitar only stuff and now what to add some bass. I watched Shopgoodwill for 4 or 5 weeks laying down some low ball bids and in the same week won two bass guitars. I bought a Fender Rumble 40 bass amp last week and it sounds great. The Rumble 40 is freaky light at only 18 pounds.

• Members

Congratulations and Happy New Bass(es) and Amp Day. You told us about the amp but what were the basses? A former coworker gave me a little Rumble 25 with a blown speaker in lieu of gas money a couple of years ago. I stuck a cheap generic speaker in it and sold it on CraigsList. It didn't sound half bad considering. I've heard of great bargains at GoodWill but I never find them myself. Some time back I was in the local (St. Louis) GoodWill outlet store and a guy was buying a Squier J-Bass for $3. Granted, it needed tuners and strings and probably more work but for $3? Still a bargain.

• Members
Congratulations and Happy New Bass(es) and Amp Day. You told us about the amp but what were the basses? A former coworker gave me a little Rumble 25 with a blown speaker in lieu of gas money a couple of years ago. I stuck a cheap generic speaker in it and sold it on CraigsList. It didn't sound half bad considering. I've heard of great bargains at GoodWill but I never find them myself. Some time back I was in the local (St. Louis) GoodWill outlet store and a guy was buying a Squier J-Bass for $3. Granted' date=' it needed tuners and strings and probably more work but for $3? Still a bargain.[/quote']

The Shopgoodwill on line auctions you have to check daily and be patient and be sure to check where the stores are and estimate all shipping prices before bidding.

• Members
The Shopgoodwill on line auctions you have to check daily and be patient and be sure to check where the stores are and estimate all shipping prices before bidding.

Glad it worked out for you. I have neither the time nor the patience. And besides I wasn't referring specifically to their online stuff. I just rarely find bargains there.

Archived