How to i get the pulsating bass sound in Van halen songs ?

mbengs1

• Members

I'm talking about van halen keyboard tracks like 'why can't this be love', i'll wait, and feels so good. There is a pulsating bass line on the keyboards while eddie plays chords/melody with the right hand. sounds like he's just playing one bass note and holding it while the effects creates the pulsating rhythm bass sound. I'd like to do this on my USB keyboard I just got.

• Members
There must be a ton of ways to get something like that. I'm gonna say it's an LFO playing a square wave driving whatever sound he's using.

I need to get that oscillating sound when you hold one key down and you can adjust the tempo according to the overall tempo of the song.

• Members

I need to get that oscillating sound when you hold one key down and you can adjust the tempo according to the overall tempo of the song.

That's old synth stuff so it prolly is an LFO. (low frequency oscillator) You adjust the tempo with the frequency (as in subsonic frequency) control. If nobody else picks up on this thread, PM Anderton or post in his forum about it.

• Members

That's old synth stuff so it prolly is an LFO. (low frequency oscillator) You adjust the tempo with the frequency (as in subsonic frequency) control. If nobody else picks up on this thread, PM Anderton or post in his forum about it.

ok. i'll check if Halion SE has LFO

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Even pissed out of his tree he's a better pianist than me. We can't all be as amazing at keyboards as you guys seem to be.

Anybody who can play a tune however basic would be better. He's just noodling with some hand shapes and no chops. Useful compositionally maybe... Piano is basically a percussion instrument in that regard.

Archived