Anyone running HPR153i AND the KW181

• Members

Hey Todd, the +3dB bump at the crossover point would be the summing of Butterworth filter alignments not the LR alignments which are -6dB down (and roughly critically or less than critically damped) at the crossover point thus constant power summing through the crossover region. I think you got them mixed up. Easy to do.

jkm, you came here and asked a question and did not like the answer. I'm telling you it's not the crossover point because I have just a "little" experience designing products an awful lot like this and I happen to support this particular product as well. You can call it opinion, you can call it fact, but QSC has sold thousands of such systems and you appear to be the "only" one with a problem. If you are so sure I am "wrong", why did you come here asking the question? And with regards to your attitude, the last guy I knew with an attitude like yours was left at the hotel in the middle of nowhere (with his ferret ;) )... that's how he learned that he was fired from the tour.

Oh, and I never assumed you were stupid until you proved it yourself.

• Members

well, see? I stand corrected. and I'll be the first to admit that I have giant gaps in my knowledge... and I get stuff wrong sometimes. *BUT* hey I made $800 For doing sound on NYE, while getting to party with my closest friends, Kissing my wife at Midnight, and getting blown away by a MOTHERF****R called Solovox (and YES it was a legal permitted event!!! ;). May not have made the best money, but a lot of peeps here at HC helped along the way to get to this point. I ain't complainin'.

So thanks Aged, and Happy New Year!

T

• Members

and Happy New Year to you Todd, glad it went well. Beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick eh?. Hope to see you at NAMM as well.

Hey Aged, dont know if my namm pass will come forth or not but if so where are you going to be? I would love to stop by, say hi, buy you a coffee and be belittled!

• Members

Hey Aged, dont know if my namm pass will come forth or not but if so where are you going to be? I would love to stop by, say hi, buy you a coffee and be belittled!

You will have to stand in the belittling line ;)

Please stop by! I will be at booth #5720, in the Genz Benz product area. If I'm not there (I plan to do some serious walking around and visiting), have Jeff or Scott call me on my cell.

• Members

My educated guess is that it's 95% likely that the REAL problem has nothing to do with the 100Hz system crossover point.

Ok for this point was the 3way designed for use with the sub???

What the hell was interesting???
that the buddy said he thought the lows were squishy
or that with all the eq processing sliding around the xover point might not be the best.
No matter

I NEVER HEARD THIS RIG by the way
seems in a 100 cap club he is running all the boost filters
and as i stated in the original post the operator is suspect
as well as the owner they did smoke a 3way the first night in use.

• Members

as well as the owner they did smoke a 3way the first night in use.

In a 100 cap club you blew a 3 way? Were the people deaf from running that thing to death? Good grief, Charlie Brown.... No way that should be happening for ~100 person max.

• Members

Ok for this point was the 3way designed for use with the sub???

Yes, for both power-bandwidth balancing and LF extension since the 3 way cabinet is not large enough to extend as low as the sub with it's driver and the tuning compromises made to keep the top package at least somewhat portable.

Archived