What do you think of my voice?

• Moderators

Hi there, welcome to the forum.

I'm not really a fan of your choice of song here. Your pitch is good, though your tone is a bit nasal. In a way I feel like you're undersinging, and holding back. Putting in some breath support would go a long way. Also this song doesn't really show or test your range much. Maybe a different song might be better to try.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
BTW' date=' is it that bad? I got my fair share of roasting on City-Data.[/quote']

I agree with the others - your pitch seems fine to me, your tone is ok, but the song choice doesn't seem right.

In the verse, your pitches seem off (more than here and there) but in the chorus it sounds fine. You can clearly follow a melody and sing the right pitches.

I think the other comments about breath support would be helpful to you.

The first video has better pitch, but the second video shows more range in the chorus and in the chorus, your pitch is still fine.

I am just a beginner myself but my guess would be that, if you were able to work on the breath support part then I think it might help you stay in tune.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Members

Yes I second the comment on an instrumental being a great help although I can hear the tone has a little resonance which can be improved upon with breath support as always.. i think the phrasing is a touch choppy... Other than it sounded fairly pleasant/easy to listen... I couldnt hear any straining at all which is a good place to start as a singer.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived