A Tom Petty Playlist

Hard to believe, but it's been one year since Tom Petty passed away at age 66 on October 2, 2017. :cry:

I just saw a playlist article, but I didn't bother to read it. I thought it might be more interesting to make one of our own with all of you. I'm interested in seeing what we come up with. :snax:

Here's the idea - each person picks a Petty song (one he did with the Heartbreakers, or with Mudcrutch, or with the Wilburys, or solo... that's up to you) and posts a video for it.

Rules? Nothing hard and fast so no one is going to get into trouble if they bend them.... you can post more than once, but I'd prefer if everyone would please post one video at a time, and then give others a chance to respond and post a video of their own selection before you post again.

Of course general discussions about Tom Petty, his music, his bands, and his career are also welcome.

I'm going to start the playlist off with a funky little number he did with the Heartbreakers off of Hard Promises...

[video=youtube;n-GgBfokEZg]

"Nightwatchman" - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

• Members
Hard to believe, but it's been one year since Tom Petty passed away at age 66 on October 2, 2017. :cry:

I just saw a playlist article, but I didn't bother to read it. I thought it might be more interesting to make one of our own with all of you. I'm interested in seeing what we come up with. :snax:

Here's the idea - each person picks a Petty song (one he did with the Heartbreakers, or with Mudcrutch, or with the Wilburys, or solo... that's up to you) and posts a video for it.

Rules? Nothing hard and fast so no one is going to get into trouble if they bend them.... you can post more than once, but I'd prefer if everyone would please post one video at a time, and then give others a chance to respond and post a video of their own selection before you post again.

Of course general discussions about Tom Petty, his music, his bands, and his career are also welcome.

I'm going to start the playlist off with a funky little number he did with the Heartbreakers off of Hard Promises...

[video=youtube;n-GgBfokEZg]

"Nightwatchman" - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

Almost funk!

Enjoyed that, had not heard it before.

• Members
Insread of posting videos, I will list Petty songs currently in rotation which my band plays.

Mary Jane

Running Down a Dream

Walls

Free Falling

Learning to Fly

Refugee

Wildflowers

You Wreck Me

Good stuff :thu:

I do You Don't Know How It Feels (with my buddy 'Lissa) at my open mic gigs

• Members
Insread of posting videos, I will list Petty songs currently in rotation which my band plays.

Mary Jane

Running Down a Dream

Walls

Free Falling

Learning to Fly

Refugee

Wildflowers

You Wreck Me

"Learning To Fly" my favorite TP video and cinematography. I just wish there was an HD version available to post.

Archived